[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy fucking shit this album is terrible could only listen to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: hank.jpg (419 KB, 1409x1431) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
419 KB, 1409x1431
holy fucking shit this album is terrible

could only listen to half of it before i stopped it

what the fuck /mu/?
>>
>>65149777
You wasted these perfectly good trips desu baka senpai
>>
go learn some theory or at least just an instrument, then start listening to jazz and the blues before you start talking shit about TMR
>>
Can't handle the fugly.
>>
>>65149777
no you
>>
>>65149777
Go back to Kanye and Drake
>>
Don't listen to it like it's jazz or something—which it's not, it's the musical dribblings of a career painter being interpreted by a rock band, at best we're talking about aleatoricism—listen to it like it's the visual representation of a Ren & Stimpy episode, and you'll have a great time.
>>
Sure is summer
>>
Fav songs on the album? Mine is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmdOYY8bZAE
>>
>>65149935
See I've always loved Dali's Car. Reminds me if Stravinsky wrote for guitars.
>>
>>65149914
>aleatoricism
Uh
>>
>>65149914
>>65149947
This isn't Aleatoricism, TMR is thoroughly written music.
>>
>>65149942
oh yeah, that one's nice too. great guitars
>>
>>65149935
Moonlight on Vermont
>>
>>65149957
There's a lot of improvisation as well, including free jazz songs (the hair pies).
Aleatoricism is basically mechanical random/chance composition as far as I'm aware though, and free imrov isn't random.
>>
>>65150012
The way that Hair Pie segues into it is so fucking dramatic, highlight of the entire album for me.
>>
>>65149957
you could also argue that it was, since van vliet composed on an instrument he didn't know, so a lot of it wasn't influenced by preconceived musical theory, so in a way it was really uncertain how a melody would continue and come out, but shit, what do i know?
>>
>>65150027

This, but I'm amused by the random stop in hair pie with the kids meeting up with Beefheart and his magic band, what are spliced in or something or was hair pie live?
>>
>>65150020
IDK man Aleatoricism is more of a specific movement in classical music than a loose label for this music. I guess there's an argument for it being Aleatoric, I just find it odd calling this Aleatoric instead of just "partially improvised rock music"
>>
>>65150043
I haven't explored classical music much (nothing against it. I just haven't gotten around to it and it's intimidating.) so the exposure with aleatoric elements was just a passing interest in some aleatoric synths, but I just thought they seemed kinda dumb. Free improv can be "unintentional" in the way it combines, but I think playing itself is intention manifest.
>>
>>65150012
this.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.