[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mixing monitors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Would I be an idiot if i mixed on these?
The frequency response is not bad ( + or - 3dB ) so it is generally flat

any audiophiles on /mu/ what do you think?
>>
>>65146378
>audiophiles on /mu/

We listen to music through $5 earbuds
>>
>>65146391
thats what i figured
>>
>not mixing on headphones master race
>>
>>65146378
>Would I be an idiot if i mixed on these?
no, not at all if you're used to the environment and you know what you're doing

just make sure to check on other headphones & speakers
>>
>>65146378
Maybe ask /prod/
>>
>>65146378
Isn't the convention to mix using headphones?
>>
>>65146504
>>65146455
not really.
>>
File: 1463021947732.jpg (21 KB, 242x269) Image search: [Google]
1463021947732.jpg
21 KB, 242x269
So you know that the frequency response is flatish with only minor +-3db variations but you need to ask if you can use them as monitors? How did you even measure the response that you can tell and if you figured that out, how do you not already know that a 3db variation is very acceptable for monitors?
>>
>>65146559
i looked up the model and found someone who reported it being +/- 3dB but i get that if test those specific speakers it might be different. I'm just not sure if your average studio monitor is better than that. I'm also not sure how to test the frequency response of a speaker. would you just run pink noise and look for dips and bumps in the eq?
>>
File: 1460682957764.jpg (52 KB, 742x720) Image search: [Google]
1460682957764.jpg
52 KB, 742x720
>>65146868
The best way to do it is to set up a microphone where you would be and set up where the speakers would be and measure that. Pink noise and sine wave sweeps may be the best solution if you're poor and don't want to hire someone to help with that or don't know how to do it yourself with your own shit.
>>
>>65146978
say I use an SM57 wouldn't that have its own frequency response factored in?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.