[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's this man's best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
>>
who?
>>
>>65146002
old-ass Ed Sheeran
>>
Closing Time and Bone Machine are probably my favorites.
>>
They say that Tom Waits....but what the FUCK is he waiting for????????????????????????
>>
Swordfishtrambones
Franks Wild Years
Rain Dogs
Mule Variations
Alice
Blue Valentine

period. This guy is amazing
>>
>>65146002

Kill yourself my man
>>
closing time and rain dogs are my favorites, but i haven't heard all of his albums yet, unfortunately; and i haven't listened to swordfish.
>>
Swordfishtrombones

Swordfishtrombone is also his best song
>>
Fun fact: When I was born, Tom Waits was younger than he is now
>>
>>65145992
I'm a huge fan of Real Gone and his work with The Black Rider is tremendous but doesn't work nearly as well as an album as it does on stage. Still probably Swordfishtrambones.
>>
File: Orphans.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Orphans.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
Did anyone actually listened to pic related? What did you think of it? I'm always neglecting this record because of its length. One of the few records of his discography I haven't listened yet.
>>
>>65146207
It's pretty good. It's basically 3 separate albums, each with its own theme. Brawlers are rock-ish songs, Bawlers are ballads similar to his earlier stuff, and Bastards are just experimental songs, quite a few of them spoken word. It's worth listening to, and don't feel like you have to listen to the entire thing in one setting.
>>
>>65146238
Thanks for the reply, based anon. I'll do it as you say and listen to them separately.
>It's basically 3 separate albums, each with its own theme
I'm curious, do you have a favorite among these 3?
>>
>>65146338
Honestly only listened to it once and it wasn't that recent so I couldn't tell you. Bastards has some interesting things on it though and the final "song" is a great way to end the collection and that particular album.
>>
>>65146338
not that anon, but this was the first tom waits album i listened to.

brawlers is by far my favorite. keep in mind this is an odds and sods record so it's music he had stored away or released previously on other compilations. however Brawlers is so god damn good. But I always liked the rockier side of Tom Waits more than his piano driven stuff. Bastards has some neat stuff on there, but it's tough to sit through the whole thing. Comes across more as a novelty. But it's worth it for Brawlers alone.
>>
>>65146366
Bawlers is the best one!

An album of Weird and experimental Waits sounds great as a concept but Bastards is by far the worst of the three.
>>
>>65146045
true love
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.