[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
time for another one of these threads, cause I'm still not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: atlp120.jpg (100 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
atlp120.jpg
100 KB, 800x600
time for another one of these threads, cause I'm still not sure: is the AT-LP 120 a good turntable?
>>
yes/no
>>
>>65145292
it is.
>>
>>65145292
it gets the job done
>>
It's a good turntable that won't ruin your records and is great for starting out. It's the perfect ratio of quality and price.
>>
followup: Will I look like a poseur if I get one, since pretty much every /mu/tant/RYMer has one, or will normies not even notice? Do normies use them as well? Have you encountered any in the wild?
>>
>>65146036
Who gives a fuck
If you are worried you are gonna look like a poseur then you probably are one.
>>
>>65146059
you think i don't know that and don't tnink about that all the time
>>
>>65146036
What the fuck? No? It's going to be in your room and no one will care. Most people will just say "yo nice record player".
>>
>>65145292
good turntable no
acceptable turntable yes

if you want to pretend to be a DJ than it is probably great but you can get some excellent entry level audiophile tables for the same price
>>
>>65146372
>you can get some excellent entry level audiophile tables for the same price
Such as?
>>
>>65146387
Pro-ject debut III
>>
>>65146387
rega rp1
>>
>>65146387
Music Hall mmf-2
>>
>>65146512
>>65146561
>>65146580
these plus 1000 second hand options from the 70's and 80s
>>
Go vintage, far better quality & features, far cheaper than anything Pro-Ject shat out in the last decade. Good Technics can be had for 150 - 200.
>>
>>65147090
please don't get a technics
Leave those to the people who actually use them.
>>
>>65147126
Technics made plenty of tables other than the 1200 some of which are good, though none of Technics tables are great
>>
i lost the dust cover for my ATLP120 a long fucking time ago, is this hindering the stylus/needle? it gets pretty fucking dusty, i think i need a new one
>>
u turn orbitz, been very happy with mine
>>
>>65147368
Throw that turntable out and buy a new one!! The dust has already fucked up the internals, the needle, and any records you out on there.
>>
>>65147368

just get a stylus brush
>>
TT Thread? Got my AT440MLb cartridge recently. People complained about the highs being too bright but I love that about it.

What carts do ya'll have and recommend?
>>
>>65145292

I have the AT-LP 60 and it works just fine for me. I have Gorillaz, Arcade Fire, Washed Out and Future Islands and all of them sound just great with my headphones
>>
>>65148705
I can't tell if this is bait or not.
>>
>>65148744
It is
>>
>>65148807

It isn't bait. I can take pictures of the TT and all the vinyl I mentioned too.
>>
>>65145292
No. Buy a used one.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.