[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
remind me why we like this again
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg (263 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg
263 KB, 1417x1417
>>
ive heard every animal collective album BUT this

what am i missing
>>
yeah how is this shit on /mu/ core anyway?
>>
>>65141475
>>65141441
>>65141523
Surely he must be memeing!
>>
Fuck off you idiot. This album is amazing. Acting like it's shit is an obvious bait
>>
>the birds are calling for you, please don't follow
>>
I understand not liking the harsh noise pieces, but April and the Phantom is a great song and very accessible
>>
>>65141582
OP HERE, I'm not meme ing tell me why this album is so impressive or even stands out in the anco discography, what just because p4k liked it? PLEASE ELABORATE
>>
>tfw at night you play STGSTV and cry to Untitled and Alvin Row
>>
>>65141441
i stopped listening halfway through the first song because of that fucking annoying high-frequency beeping shit

is the rest of the album better than spirit they've vanished?
>>
>>65141707
yes i actually bought it and gave it multiple listens but there is no magic like the later albums in the 2000s.
>>
>>65141707
the only other track like spirit they've vanished is untitled
the rest is way different
>>
>>65141662
There really isn't anything quite like it. The album is really beautiful yet abrasive and noisy at the same time. It also exhibits an amazing childlike wonder and a feeling of nostalgia. Nothing wrong with not liking it, just give it a few more listens and maybe you'll warm up to it.
>>
>>65141662
Mac fucking kill yourself. Are you so mentally handicapped you cannot grasp the concept of Pop Noise? Are you stupid? It's a nice, easy listening record what is there about it that you don't like fuck boy.

Nah joking. It Took me 10 listens to actually get it, mainly Because i was super fucking sad (and a Little drunk) on my 2nd listen, and the experience was so good that i was dissapointed when i listened to it sober. Just give it some time
>>
>>65141759
>Nah joking. It Took me 10 listens to actually get it, mainly Because i was super fucking sad (and a Little drunk) on my 2nd listen, and the experience was so good that i was dissapointed when i listened to it sober. Just give it some time
ok i won't sleep on it then anon.

more thoughts anyone? not that i care
>>
>>65141734
>>65141742
ok im giving it another shot right now
thanks anons
>>
MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE MY SINGING VOICE IS GONE
>>
>>65141831
listen to it in your room in total darkness
>>
Untitled and Alvin Row dude
>>
File: 1448577479487.gif (2 MB, 400x326) Image search: [Google]
1448577479487.gif
2 MB, 400x326
>mfw the synths kick in during the "exclusive in Houston" part
>>
>>65141475
The best one
>>
The drumming on this album is absolutely bonkers
>>
>>65142068
best track on the album imo
>>
File: 1301702383994.jpg (81 KB, 565x600) Image search: [Google]
1301702383994.jpg
81 KB, 565x600
chocolate girl has some of the best anco lyrics written
>>
>>65141590
It's really just ok. Love anco but people romanticize the shit out of this, the songwriting is only decent, and the production is terrible. It has some good ideas, some good moments, but they did everything they did on this album twice as good later in their career.
>>
>>65141906
well that's funny
>>
>>65142068
>>65142257
These guys get it
>>
>>65142272
>She hd sliva in her pockets
I know this a meme, but seriously, what did he mean by this?
>>
File: pierre.jpg (100 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
pierre.jpg
100 KB, 440x330
>>65142272
>She had a pretty dad
>>
>>65142555
on most sites you can find this 'translation', given the allusion of chocolate girl being in a lesbian romance (pocket = vagina, so saliva wouldve meant oral sex)

>She had saliva in her pockets
>She gave a girl when her last grace hath found thee, dig the day

I cant find that animal collective wiki which had a different translation which sounds more true to the lyrics, but yeah

>>65142615
been ages since i saw this meme man
>>
>>65141831
the first track is like top 3 for me to be honest
>>
From one perspective yeah, this album doesn't seem that great. It's sloppy, the production isn't pristine, and it often has moments where it juxtaposes abrasive noise with cutesy acoustic folk/synth stuff. But at the same time, despite being flawed, it's flawed feel is what makes it good at the same time, too because as a result of both the good parts and the "bad" parts what we get is kinda charming. A very personal experience with a lot of character. The fact that it has these flaws and its good parts make it feel human because humans very similarly are flawed creatures, too no matter how cute or sexy or smart or cool or *insert positive thing* we are, too.

I used to shit on earlier AnCo in general. But I have honestly come to appreciate this about their earlier work in that its sloppiness is part of what gives it character. It's sorta like what happened in the late 70s with punk/post-punk/no wave where it was so obvious that a lot of these people didn't even know how to play their instruments correctly, but it's that sense of being flawed that also gave that kind of music character and emotion. Same with metal when the budding of more extreme metal genres happened. Yes a lot of that metal has a very raw production, but it helped lent it a certain atmosphere that retrospectively really made it work out for what metal was becoming.
>>
>>65141707 here, just finished listening to it, it was pretty gud

>>65142851
it's a good song other than that one high note, really bothers my ears for some reason
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.