[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody please tell me why you think KID A Is better than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 275x275
Can anybody please tell me why you think KID A Is better than OK computer?
I would really like to know.
>>
>>65141393
Kid A has a better flow. OK Computer was a good breakthrough but is starting to get dated.
>>
>>65141494
neither sound dated at all
>>
kid a has consistently and ridiculously good songs
>>
because kid a has a lot of bleeps and bloops and ok computer has a lot of boring dad guitars
>>
both perfect, let's just leave it at that
>>
On one hand ok computer has iconic individual songs, on the other kid a is as a whole an iconic album.
>>
>>65141393
There's a lot of tracks on OKC that I feel really bleh about, that I can't remember once they're over, and that don't strike me as being particularly remarkable in any way. There's almost nothing on Kid A that feels unremarkable, and overall it's way more original and works better as one complete idea. I would argue that OKC has more "classic" songs though.
>>
>>65141740
>lot of tracks

I don't agree with that, the only one I wouldn't listen to anymore is fitter happier the rest really is/was amazing. There's degrees of success between them but none would I call bleh
>>
>>65141649
furthermore
kid a has iconic individual songs, on the other ok computer is as a whole an iconic album
>>
>>65141857
Concurred.
>>
>>65141649
That literally the opposite.
>>
because ok computer is shit
>>
>>65141740
I have a bad memory
>therefor it's bad
You must be 18+ to post here
>>
>>65142464
Your an retard.
>>
File: carlcuck.jpg (39 KB, 600x615) Image search: [Google]
carlcuck.jpg
39 KB, 600x615
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
>>
>>65142599
Troll
>>
Kid A feels more focused to me. The songs all contribute to the isolated, apocalytic feel. In my mind, OK Computer places more emphasis on the individual songs. Exit Music, Let Down, Karma Police, and Climbing Up The Walls all have the same structure: build for half the song, then huge intricate climax, then a brief fall back down. That makes for a compeling song (I like all those songs quite a bit), but to have so many huge climaxes in the album (in the middle of the album its almost one huge climax per song) makes the album feel like a collection of pieces. The album flows because each piece is good to great, but the pieces don't really complement each other all that much

Kid A has only one song that follows that formula, and it is the only song that has a climax as bombastic as the ones on OK Computer, and that is National Anthem. Kid A relies less on each song having a beginning, middle, and end, and instead has one song build and flow into the next. Everything In Its Right Place and Kid A establish the cold tone of the album and are both relatively mellow. National Anthem serves as a climax for the first half of the album, then it mellows out again with How To Disapear Completely and further with Treefingers. Idioteque serves as the climax for the second have of the album, with Optimistic and In Limbo as rising action. Morning Bell keeps some of the energy, and then the album ends with a sonically happy and angelic song but makes it unnerveing with the lyrics about being crazy, which I think is a perfect thematic ending to the album. (The Tourist is also a great thematic ending to OK Computer.)

So there's my reasoning. Kid A feels more crafted as an album made to set a mood, where songs build towards one another, while OK Computer is a series of songs that minimally enhance one another because they are self-contained. I prefer the former, but consider both great.
>>
>>65143141
That and they just chose the best songs for OKC.

For Kid A, they left off the better songs to make a cohesive album
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.