[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
01/10 Theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 01-10-640x640.jpg (135 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
01-10-640x640.jpg
135 KB, 640x640
Does this theory have any merit?

Just listened to the albums in the order with the crossfades and I'm a believer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m19rUoZJZTw
>>
The cross fades are atrocious and are never a good idea
>>
>>65140988

Did you listen to it?
>>
>>65140930
I don't think it was intentional but once I heard it I became a fan right away. It's probably the best gateway to the band imo.
>>65140988
I made my own version. The 10 second crossfade is stupid.
>>
of course it doesn't have merit, i love radiohead but anyone saying it's legit is simply "omg radiohead r so deep listen 2 this!!!"
>>
>>65141148

Seems too lucky to be a coincidence though. This Cracked (lol) article has a better write-up:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18896_10-mind-blowing-easter-eggs-hidden-in-famous-albums.html

Particularly, the reverb at the beginning of Nude is the most damning.

How'd you make your version? I have Ableton and Audacity btw.
>>
Crossfade anything enough and it'll sound like it flows
>>
>>65141211
Yeah I read that but I don't think they wanted to touch OK Computer again, it's no their thing. The whole 10 thing was probably just celebrating its anniversary.

I used audacity. The only part that sounds funny is where No Surprises comes in which is a bit of a giveaway for it being unintentional.
>>
>>65141296

Maybe you need to crossfade longer.
>>
>>65141370
No the timing would work fine but the song starts flat.
Here it is (hope you don't mind 320 mp3)

https://mega.nz/#!NooX1LZQ!nyXdQgzcYk_wEOJS2dVTtgaQOhw86XF4Ubb-8BWswSk
>>
>>65141661

thanks a lot senpai, i'll check it out
>>
>>65142043
I didn't make the album art btw, got it from somewhere on deviantart but I thought it was good enough.
>>
>>65142142

came back here just to ask you that hahaha, it looks really cool except i don't like the pronounced "IO" in "RAD IO HEAD" that makes it clear that it's not in fact "RAD 10 HEAD" like it is in the In Rainbows album art

pic related obvs
>>
>>65142417
Yeah it's still nice though, just the text kinda sucks.
>>
>>65142474

well thanks again for sharing dude, i'm gonna definitely share this with my girlfriend who's not a radiohead fan per your suggestion here >>65141148
>>
>>65140930
Of course it doesn't.

You people are idiots.
>>
>>65141661

I would be regret not asking...is there any chance you could upload it in FLAC if you have it? :^}
>>
>>65142512
Np, glad you liked it. I think what made it click was that it combined the energy and simplicity of IR with the strong emotions and structure of OC so hope she likes it as well.
>>65142590
I still have the audacity file but I made it a while ago before I cared for lossless so the components are mp3 as well. If you reeealy want I could try remaking it using flac (finals are done so I have time).
>>
>>65142707

haha don't do it on my account, but if you ever decide you want the FLAC version and go do it again pls share it here
>>
>>65142776
...ok, I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>65140930
I listened to it with the 10 second crossfades and a lot of them synced up fairly well, but I don't think it was intentional. They are both very different albums
>>
>>65142830
if you will, are you going to separate the file into different tracks?
>>
>>65142873
It sounds better as one but I can if you want. Or do you mean with a cue?
>>
>>65142873

just download the two albums and arrange them accordingly

>>65143061

please don't listen to that guy lol
>>
>>65141211
>the reverb at the beginning of Nude is the most damning.
That's such a good transition, too bad the rest doesn't work
>>
I'm hunting around for HQ uncompressed downloads so it might take a while
>>
Remember the "Putting Ketchup in the Fridge" fake leak? People said it fit perfectly within the tracklist of The Bends, even though it turned out to not be a Radiohead song.
>>
>>65143366

what makes you say this? what else doesn't work?
>>
Yup, could only find uncompressed vinyl editions. I'll just use the compressed flac.
>>
>>65140988
>and are never a good idea

I was trying to think up a counterexample just to be a dick and failed, anyone want to help me out here?
>>
>>65144479
this desu
>>
>>65145321

every DJ set ever
>>
I've heard it. I don't give it much credence, to be honest. It seems like a lot of stretching to make things sort of fit.
>>
File: RG0BS1U.gif (2 MB, 390x205) Image search: [Google]
RG0BS1U.gif
2 MB, 390x205
Here you go senpai! It's a lot clearer now, especially at Karma Police.

https://mega.nz/#!xxwDVAbb!Q__DK9KkoZi-tW5lb8RNCTh2mlGuWFAZocUif5uxi1o
>>
>>65147000

anybody else listen to this and tell me if its good before i download it?
>>
>>65148419
It's good. I kinda fucked up when exporting and the track names didn't make it through but fuck it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.