[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
emotional bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1433602508989.jpg (135 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1433602508989.jpg
135 KB, 1000x1000
Can someone please recommend me albums that are not sad or about women because I'm going through some heartbreaking shit with an ex girlfriend when I wasn't ready to leave her and now music hurts like fucking hell because i swear it feels like every single song is about love or a woman or something depressing.

i cant even fully enjoy coloring book because every song except for mixtape and no problems and angels is about lost connections or missed opportunities or some other bullshit that puts my girl's face back into my head. same with AMSP, same with pablo, same with james blake, everything. all the songs those catchy drake songs like Controlla and One Dance suck now because i relate way too much to the lyrics and it makes me feel like absolute shit.

the only positive thing to come out of this music wise is that a lot of music i have gone back to is extremely cathartic but im seriously fucking over it these feelings are making me go insane its literally been two weeks.

please /mu/ the only music I can come up with is select Young Thug songs and stupid ignorant shit like Chief Keef and Waka Flocka. also some instrumental stuff like Todd Terje but idk its not enough.

tl;dr - can't get girl out of my head, pls recommend music that isn't about love or females or sadness. i really appreciate it.
>>
Get into metal. Sure there's some sad shit particularly in the DSBM and Doom forms of metal, but the vast majority of it is meant to be a very uplifting experience even if it can sometimes be melancholic.
>>
File: Pulse Demon.jpg (794 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Pulse Demon.jpg
794 KB, 900x900
I know what you need. what you need is Pulse Demon by Merzbow.
>>
don't get into metal. just go find another girl. music and women have nothing to do with eachother. music can enhance your relationship but it won't help you get over a girl.

metal is ok in short spurts at best, I say fuck metal.

you need to get out and meet other women and realize it was never going to work. care about yourself. you're a man.
>>
>>65139705
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q3LeWKYyCQ
>>
>>65139915
>hates metal
>thinks rebounds are a good idea
Well, we can see here an insecure person who doesn't know how to have good relationships.
>>
>>65139877
i'll look into it. i have the pink deafhaven album, i havent listened to it yet, is that a good place to start?
>>65139905
im not that patrician yet lol
>>65139915
im not trying to use music to get over the girl, im trying to listen to music that isn't constantly reminding me of her lol. and understand what youre saying about finding another girl but i just cant man idk i've never felt a pain so strong it may sound corny but i had an epiphany and everything like i cant go back to that life of mine
>>
File: 1459477485233.jpg (416 KB, 3496x4024) Image search: [Google]
1459477485233.jpg
416 KB, 3496x4024
>>65139877
But DSBM is the best metal, anon.
>>
no one cares about your fake girlfriend lmao
>>
>>65140031
Nah that album's kinda emotional. It's closer to a screamo album than black metal. Revisit it when you're in a better state of mind.

If you're THAT new to metal, start with something like Rust In Peace or something.

>>65140046
Not even saying it's bad, but not what OP would wanna listen to.
>>
>>65139705
When I broke up, I listened to A LOT OF CHEAP CALM PLEB EDMs. Like Uppermost, Rezonate, or some things like that.
>>
File: 1459127264220.jpg (221 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1459127264220.jpg
221 KB, 1400x1400
>>65139877
>>65139705
A specific doom metal rec for if you want to get angry is Dopethrone by Electric Wizard
>>
>>65140123
alright i'll look into it. the most 'metal' ive listened to has probably been kiss or tyr or something. and now this darkthrone album that i currently have on.
>>65140135
i'll look into this as well, i didn't think to look towards edm because it usually has some chick singing on them with a voice like the xx or something.
>>65140063
...," he typed as he stared deeply into the eyes of the suicidal meme above his post in a pitch black room, only the light of his laptop and the anime "Onegai Teacher!" playing from his dual monitor illuminating him.
>>65140213
thank you
>>
>>65139705
Here you op
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N1PHdMfvnYE
>>
>>65140213
a beautiful album inspiring really in a sort of anarchic destructive way
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.