[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is so unbelievably and unexpectedly terrible, holy shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
This is so unbelievably and unexpectedly terrible, holy shit.
What the fuck went wrong with the dude?
>>
nothing went wrong. you're an idiot with bad taste. hope that helps clear things up.
>>
There was nothing right about him to begin with.
>>
you don't have bad taste. I was highly optimistic for this release and it sucked. Way too crowded with insignificant features and horrible ad libs.
>>
>>65132862
the only track i like is angels
>>
Everything.

Maybe if he would've finally just done away with the autistic "AHHCKK" noises, his head would have been clear enough to at least make a passable record.
>>
Chance seems to have coordinated the release of this album with the beginning of summer so that high schoolers would spam the album here. There's nothing wrong with you, OP. There's just too many underageb&s online lately for you to find the like-minded adults.
>>
>>65132879
Fourteen songs long mixtape with nothing but boring background gospel vocals and a wide range of shitty features and a forgettable lackluster production.
The only people who are going to be listening to this two months from now are GOD IS GOOD RUN AND TELL DAT type of christians
>>
why are so many rappers right now mimicking him and kendrick lamar. two of the worst rappers out right now
>>
>>65132862
I thought I genuinely liked Chance (Acid Rap was a pretty promising release, but just 'pretty good' in its own right; his verse on Ultra Light Beam was brilliant), but this shit was just painful for me.

>>65132972
Pretty much exactly this. I have no problem with the gospel element, I don't mind the features, or the production choices... the songs just straight up aren't good. Nothing to sink your teeth into. No moments of big payoff, no surprises, nothing to suggest Chance is interested in provoking any sort of thought/challenging his listener, just lacklustre songwriting throughout. I was exhausted listening to it, despite how happy-go-lucky and off-the-cuff he appears to be
>>
>>65132972
>boring background gospel vocals

this doesn't even make sense. there are gospel elements throughout the album but the only song with gospel vocals is How Great

>shitty features

only feature that could be possibly argued is "shitty" is Bieber.

>lackluster production

it's not an album where the production is front and center, it's more about the vocals and lyrics but even so, the production is far from lackluster.

>God is good run and tell dat

did you just have a stroke? what are you talking about? the album is being universally praised pretty much everywhere. there's zero reason to think this album is going to suddenly be forgotten

again, you're an idiot with bad taste. stop regurgitating everything Fantano tells you.
>>
the mixing ruins it for me
he needs to stop hanging out with donnie trumpet
>>
>>65133317
He needs to start sucking Vic Mensa's dick again
>>
>>65133215
the idea that an album needs to "challenge" a listener to be good is a classic /mu/ meme. what does that even mean?

"lackluster songwriting" is completely stupid too. Go listen to Same Drugs, Finish Line, How Great, Smoke Break, Angels or either Blessings.
>>
>>65133299
>Only song with gospel vocals is how great

and the intro...
>>
>>65133299
>It's universally praised pretty much everywhere
>posting in a thread where everyone is shitting on it
>>
File: 71617105.jpg (17 KB, 240x280) Image search: [Google]
71617105.jpg
17 KB, 240x280
>>65133299
>It's more about the vocals and lyrics
>album has annoying "vocals" and extremely mediocre (if even that) verses
The production is one of the most important elements to an album.
The only good song on this was How Great, Jay Electronica carried this man.
>>
>>65133550
you're dumb =)
>>
>>65133640
>points out a lie in your post
>"you're dumb"

I see you

way to conveniently ignore this
>>65133528 too
>>
>>65132862
WHY IS IT OK FOR HIM TO TELL THE PUBLIC HE IS AN INDEPENDENT ARTIST?
HE IS A LIAR.
WHY IS THE MEDIA DEEPTHROATING COLORING BOOK'S DICK?
HOW BIG OF A CHECK HAVE THEY All GOTTEN?
THIS IS THE POP INDUSTRY IN 2015+1
>>
>>65133679
that post wasn't me, bud

>>65133528
no, not really but even if you want to argue that, it's 2 out of 14.

>>65133613
>mediocre verses

again. Same Drugs, Angels, both Blessings, How Great, No Problem

>>65133550
talking about places other than /mu/. you know the real world where people actually listen to music and don't just use it as a excuse to flex their superiority complex and talk about how "patrician" something else.
>>
>>65133729
he is literally independent. he's not signed to a label. that's what that means. take your meds, spaz.
>>
>>65133786
Lol I have a friend who liked Acid Rap and we both agreed this was cheeks bro

Now please hop off of chance's dick
>>
>>65133815
good for you and your "friend", champ. not sure what you want me to do with this information but it's nice to have, I guess.
>>
>>65133729
Payola has been around for a while

>>65133814
>denying chance the plant's plant status

>>65133786
confirmed doesn't know what gospel is

also no problem has gospel vox as the sample lmao but continue digging yourself deeper there
>>
>>65133814
You could say he hasnt "signed" to a "label" but theres really so much more going on. Anyone who wants to have an actual oppinion on this needs do their homework.
>>
>>65133840
You:EVERYONE LOVES THIS ALBUM!!!

Me: incorrect

You:lol whatever I guess I'll just play it off like I didn't say that
>>
>>65133860
you can keep making this gospel argument but it has zero relevance as far as the quality of the album. I said from the beginning the album has gospel elements throughout. and?? is there a follow up to this?
>>
File: NDRSrw.png (58 KB, 245x212) Image search: [Google]
NDRSrw.png
58 KB, 245x212
>>65133786
Was that your rebbutal?
I said it before, and so your little, miniscule pea brain can understand, I'll say it again.
His verses are extremely mediocre.
Emphasis on extremely.
>>
>>65133881
yeah bruh. the Jews amirite? follow the money.

>>65133883
how autistic do you have to be to think that I meant literally every person on the planet likes the album? the vast majority of people like the album. is that easier for you to deal with?
>>
>>65133951
except they're not.

not sure what argument you're looking for if you're just gonna keep saying the same thing with nothing backing it.
>>
>>65134030
>the irony
>>
Ehh, really enjoyed How Great, Angels, Smoke Break, and I quite enjoyed All We Got, No Problem, Finish Line and Summer Friends.

The rest of the album (Barring filler like Special) felt really bland to me. I think it could have been a lot better with him trying to sing less, and definitely with less autotune.
>>
>>65134042
yikes, you don't know what irony is either. very embarrassing.

He said the verses are mediocre, I said they're not, here's some verses that very good on the album. The response was "the verses are mediocre." who's repeating themselves here? don't think it's me.
>>
>>65134106
you didn't quote any verses, just specific songs
you said the same thing twice
go see a psychologist
>>
>>65134211
I'm on my phone, I'm not going to copy and paste a bunch of verses for you. I expected you to be able to use Google. I'm realizing now that that expectation was being entirely too generous.
>>
>>65132879
>Liking Meme the Rapper

Blackalicious was doing this shit in the early 2000's and he was actually good
>>
>>65132963
It's IGH you candyass
>>
>>65132862
I actually liked Acid Rap a lot when it first came out. It wore off quick but I still liked Chance.

But this wasn't good :( All Night is one of the worst songs I've ever heard from a career musician.

It's maybe the most boring mixtape ever
>>
>>65134256
Not him but just say what's good about them instead of namedropping. Don't try and have everyone waste time Googling and making your argument for you. Until you actually give an supporting argument, your words are just as empty as his
>>
>>65134764
songs like Smoke Break and Same Drugs very effectively use drugs as a metaphor for growing up, growing older and growing apart, which should be a very relatable who lived through or are currently in their early 20s like Chance is. there's a beautiful bitter sweet nostalgia to both of those songs.

How Great is a reflective, vulnerable verse about faith and love that displays strength both spiritually and personally that Chance went through since Acid Rap.

Blessing (Reprise) is a display of the strength that Chance takes from his faith and how he uses that strength fulfill what he feels is an obligation to represent his city and people. The declarative statement of "I've made it through and everything I gave to you" is extremely powerful.

good enough or do you need me to go through every song? I'm tired of writing all this on my phone.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.