[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the most genius thing ever created by man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: the_beach_boys_smile.jpg (564 KB, 806x806) Image search: [Google]
the_beach_boys_smile.jpg
564 KB, 806x806
Is the most genius thing ever created by man?
>>
not even the most genius thing with "smile" in the title created by a man named brian wilson
>>
>>65130910
Smiley Smile fags need to be banned.
>>
Pet Sounds > Smile
>>
>>65130892
ye
>>
>>65131006
Only fucking grandma's hold this opinion
>>
File: its_a_love_thing.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
its_a_love_thing.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>ywn see Based Brian simultaneously put a bullet in the head of the British Invasion and unite pop music with high art.
>>
>>65130892
It's certainly one of the greatest statments/expressions/creations or whatever you wanna call it in rock music. The album is a wonderful palette of American music played through the lens of the mind of an LSD eating songwriting genius. It's like playing Banjo Kazooie while tripping with Bach in the background.
>>
>>65131270
And only millennials think otherwise
>>
>>65131911
>The newest generation is bad, only us dadrockers are good xD
>>
I really understand how anyone can have this argument. Pet Sounds was a completed album. Smile is a warmed over pile of demos. There's good stuff there but it is not a complete work.
>>
Patrician: Song Cycle > Smiley Smile > Pet Sounds > Smile

Pleb: Smile > Pet Sounds > Song Cycle > Smiley Smile
>>
>>65132188
Disgusting taste
>>
>>65132204
i'm sorry you're a drone who was caught up in le hype and loves a 50 minute bloated second-rate Pet Sounds demos to a gorgeous suite of re-articulated American folklore and the first minimalist psychedelia record ever produced
>>
WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT CHUBBY LITTLE KID WHO SMILED SO MUCH AND LOVED THE BEACH BOYS
>>
>>65132241
By patrician, you mean hipster contrarian right?
>>
Pet Sounds = Smile Sessions > Smiley Smile > Friends > Sunflower > Surf's Up...

I could keep going, but that's all you really need to know.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.