[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
give me one good reason to listen to live albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
give me one good reason to listen to live albums
>>
studios are awful dead places with no actual vibe or vitality
and no audience

not to mention the technology-eneabled illusion of real time performance
a modern studio album by a rock band is the musical equivalent of the phantom menace
>>
Because they can be fun and offer new takes on tracks you already know and hopefully like
>>
Because you were at the show where it was recorded, and want to relive the experience.
>>
Dead > Maniac/Attila
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 325x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 325x299
Because Roberto Frippo loves live albums
>>
>>65128048
>and no audience

Which is the best thing about studio albums.

I want to listen to the band, not to people yelling over them.
>>
>>65128345
but a studio rock album isn't listening to the band
it's listening to a facsimile, a collage made of bits and pieces, assembled with machines
>>
File: db2.gif (649 KB, 263x396) Image search: [Google]
db2.gif
649 KB, 263x396
>>65128395
>>
>>65128395
>current year
>recording albums you wrote
>not using body as instrument and using soulless machines like guitars to make the music for you

Fucking plebs
>>
>>65128395
>rock album

any album worth listening to will:
a) be impossible to replicate live because of the creative opportunities offered by the studio
OR
b) be solid enough that the songs won't suffer from being played sans audience
>>
File: delicate sound of thunder.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
delicate sound of thunder.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>>
>>65128048
>>65128395
>>65128609
Top cringe
>>
>>65128323
Dead was a better writer but Maniac was a better vocalist. Attila has his moments but can't keep the vibe of the song so well and after a few listens it can get corny.
imo, as singers: Maniac>Dead>Attila
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.