[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gord confirmed kill. Das it mane tour confirmed http://i.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 780x439
Gord confirmed kill. Das it mane tour confirmed

http://i.cbc.ca/1.3597081.1464068373!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/music-gord-downie-20100606.jpg
>>
>>65126352
Fuck. Pasted wrong link

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/gord-downie-cancer-1.3596839
>>
For fuck sake, he's only 52 as well.
>>
>>65126352

Ain't that a bitch. Their first few albums were quite good, but a bunch of relative shit after that. Too bad nobody outside of Canada has heard this bad. Have to try and scoop a few tickets for this. Should fetch large on the resale market. Maybe call it the pay your money and take your chances tour.
>>
>>65126605

Careful you don't hurt someone with that edge
>>
The Hip actually did have a pretty unique sound. Shame they never got much recognition outside of Canada. They're gods here.
>>
How tragic
>>
For once we can't say he'll be fine
>>
I had just read this this morning. Saw them a few years ago at a little bar in Minneapolis. They play smaller venues in the states because they pack arenas in Canada. Terrible loss, this is.
>>
Phantom Power is a 10/10 rock album, vapour trails is such a fucking great tune

Very very very sad news
>>
This fucking year, man...

Haven't cared much for The Hip's post-90s stuff but I love Gord's solo albums
>>
Fucking love The Hip. I'll die never having seen them live (since if they do tour now tickets will probably be $5k each). Regrets...
>>
>>65128574
They are doing a final tour this summer but yeah tickets are going to be ridiculous. Got to see Gordon live twice, once with The Hip and once with his solo band. His stage presence is like nothing else.

They have a (presumably final) album coming out sometime this summer too. I don't know the timeline of the recording and Gord's diagnosis but it's going to be fucking brutal if it's a Blackstar I-know-I'm-dying kind of thing.
>>
>>65126352
F
>>
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/entertainment/gord-downie-s-brain-cancer-treatable-but-not-curable-say-docs-1.2914082

>Doctors were able to surgically “excise the bulk of the tumour” and Downie has since undergone 30 radiation therapies. That was followed by chemotherapy treatment that ended one month ago.
>One bit of good news is that Downie’s tumour contains a certain protein that “confers longer survival,” Perry said.
>“Fortunately for Gord, he has a type of glioblastoma that is more amenable to treatment than most,” he said.
>In fact, an MRI scan last week revealed that the swelling in Downie’s head had decreased substantially. “And he is doing very well,” Perry said.
>But he added that, since the tumour cannot be completely removed, “unfortunately, one day it will come back.”
>What lies ahead is uncertain, Perry said.
There’s “a wide spectrum of prognosis” with glioblastoma, he said, and it’s too early to know his long-term prognosis. But he said, after the treatment that Downie has received, he should be able to perform on tour this summer without any issues.

F ;-;7
>>
>>65130312
LOL
>>
File: 1461257646414.png (148 KB, 645x772) Image search: [Google]
1461257646414.png
148 KB, 645x772
>>65126352
Legitimately saddened by this, fuck.
>>
Poor fella :(
Wish this would have happened to one of the Barenaked Ladies instead.
>>
>>65131106
It did happen to one of the Barenaked Ladies though...
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.