[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think this guy permanently fell off?? Early white stripes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 600x400
Do you think this guy permanently fell off?? Early white stripes was fucking amazing why does he suck so much ass now?
>>
too much money, too much ego, too old, too irrelevant
>>
DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM
>>
Meg isnt there to bring his self-esteem down
>>
>>65125830
I think it's this frankly, I'm beginning to wonder if she secretely wrote all the music
>>
File: the-white-stripes-796912.jpg (29 KB, 409x500) Image search: [Google]
the-white-stripes-796912.jpg
29 KB, 409x500
>>65125740
>post yfw zorro on donuts was the last rock star
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 480x360
>>65125839
This is the last great rock star and he's still alive
>>
File: Jack-White-as-Zorro.jpg (222 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Jack-White-as-Zorro.jpg
222 KB, 600x450
>>65125849
>rock star
I love how you don't have a clue what that term actually means.
>>
>>65125864
Fair point. But by your definition aka famous dude who plays blues influenced rock music, and has a ridiculous ego, there will always be some new guy inevitable churned out.. When I think of rock star I think of like masters such as jimi, jimmy, Jim, Bowie, etc
>>
>>65125864
I mean rock star has various connotations and can refer to wankers such as the gallaghers or amazing acts like the early rolling stones
>>
File: jackWhite.jpg (15 KB, 175x254) Image search: [Google]
jackWhite.jpg
15 KB, 175x254
>>65125915
>there will always be some new guy inevitable churned out
The White Stripes got big around 2003. Who came after Jack that you'd actually call a "rock star"?
>>
>>65125849
His name is Monobrow and he lives on a boat on a subterranean lake, mainly subsisting on moss and lichen
>>
>>65125937
Do you really want me to list all the rock albums that went platinum after elephant? I get your point that he's the last long haired eccentric white boy to do blues rock well but since then there have been plenty of major "rock "acts such as the black keys, and plenty of "indie" bands that basically function as modern rock stars like arcade fire and the strokes, MGMT, etc not to mention any of the garage rock shit that came out of the 2000s and the neo psychedelic rock that is gaining traction
>>
>>65126010
>black keys
>MGMT
I'm laughing, you're pretty funny. Stop playing around though, can you really name anyone?
>>
>>65126010
>black keys
>arcade fire
>MGMT
>>>>>>rockstars
lel
>>
He was featured on one of the best songs on pic related, so he might have reclaimed a little bit of relevance. I think he's gonna have an influence on music to come but I doubt he'll be at the forefront.
>>
>>65126077
Rock star is such a generic word and widely used word that really any of those people could qualify I mean shit daft punk is on some rock star shit, Kanye plays some guitar... Jack white doesn't even do drugs, and his music now is so ridiculously distant from anything that I'd call rock and roll that I don't see him as that anymore. He's some dude in Nashville being corny with that shit haircut singing about larazaretto

Meanwhile bands like fat white family
The black lips and Anton to this day
are far more rock and roll in terms of the lifestyle and attitude

All this gets back to a general disagreement over what exactly a rock star is, is it defined purely sonically? Or attitude.
Btw brothers is a fantastic album an I would definitely say that although they did, ultimately shit the bed, they were for a moment rock stars
>>
>>65125838
It is known that she was always dismissive of whatever new ideas he came up with, and I think he needs that to drive the songwriting
>>
File: 180px-PennLeft.png (50 KB, 180x191) Image search: [Google]
180px-PennLeft.png
50 KB, 180x191
>>65126218
>I mean shit daft punk is on some rock star shit, Kanye plays some guitar
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>65125768
this and gimmicks
>>
>>65126287
>I was the first guy playing Daft Punk to the rock kids.
>I played it at CBGB's.
>Everybody thought I was crazy.
>>
The bigger the band, the more he seemed to die. This directly correlates with moving to faggy Nashville.
>>
>>65126342
>bragging about being a dj at CBGB's
>during the late 90s - today
It's almost like you have no idea you're a faggot poser or something.
>>
>>65126468
>implying that cbgbs exists today
>calling someone else a poser and not knowing shit about NY or it's music
>>
>>65125974
moss and lichen, they were a really great post-hardcore band from the late-80s
>>
>>65126468
Bitch I will literally meet you on ludlow street right now and we can duel
>>
I would say White Stripes declined after Elephant, he became a bit too obsessed with expanding their scope by involving elements of bluegrass and mandolins and shit. Was much better when it was just his loud crappy guitar and Meg pounding like an infant on the drums.
>>
>>65126520
>>65126574
>some clueless faggot transplant brooklyn hipsters
>don't know (what they're calling CBGB's) reopened in newark international airport
Stay clueless, fake, and vapid, faggots.
>>
File: 1389035075929_crop.jpg (36 KB, 711x711) Image search: [Google]
1389035075929_crop.jpg
36 KB, 711x711
>>65126077
>>65126600
repeating digits confirm 4 truth
>>
>>65126600
>implying that Ludlow street is in Brooklyn
>implying that CBGB isn't a john varvetos store now
>implying that anyone gives even a shadow of a fuck about the new "cbgbs" or that anyone would reference it in any sort of capacity
Cbgbs doesn't exist anymore stupid. Idgaf if they call someplace else CBGBs it will simply never be so by giving it acknowledgement or deference you are in fact being the faggot.
Once again we can meet irl if you want to talk about this shit bro I live downtown with my mum in a flat that she had te foresight to buy in the 80s and we got rent control so you can suck my fucking dick
>>
>>65126600
>cbgbs
>Newark
You so funny man it's crazy
>>
>>65126658
>I live downtown with my mum in a flat that she had te foresight to buy in the 80s
is this pasta?
>>
>>65126658
>>65126686
You transplants need to literally go back to whatever shithole you came from, you obviously don't belong in New York.
>>
>>65126744
Whatever bro you're the one that thinks that CBGBS is in te Newark airport on some retard shit
>>
File: Patrick%20Bateman.jpg (8 KB, 337x253) Image search: [Google]
Patrick%20Bateman.jpg
8 KB, 337x253
>>65126744
shiiiiit these truth dubs are getting brutal
>>
>>65126744
And all this started with you not recognizing a James Murphy quote
>>
>>65126795
>recognizing a James Murphy quote
>James Murphy
Are you seriously implying that's a bad thing? Your transplant faggot hipster's showing, Anon.
>>
>>65126815
Yeah I like LCD sound system fuckoff man where do you live?
>>
>>65126944
>Yeah I like LCD sound system
Of course you do, transplant. You all do.
>>
>>65126975

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YoN9mkyctI

We were all watching you on the monitors in the kitchen, and we all thought you were a DICK.
>>
>>65126975
Ah so you can't even tell me where you live and you basically just repeat that insult "transplant" over and over again eve though we're talking about one of the biggest immigration cities in the world..... You'r like fuckin Henry Rollins in the video of him at the cake shop spazzing out at kids calling them hipsters
>>
>>65127000
Trips of peep show knowledge
>>
>>65125849
It's alright man I agree with you. Still making good music as well
>>
It pretty common that the first or maybe the first few albums put out are the best. They may work for years getting that first album together then, bam!, they gotta come up with a whole new album in 6 months so it can be released within a year so as to ride the wave of the first album's success. So they work on their unfinished songs from album 1 and maybe add a few new ones and put out a pretty good second album. A year or so later it's time for album 3 but now there's no left over material from the first album and they've been touring so they really haven't been able to work on new stuff much. The result is album 3 is pretty sucky.
Example: Cage The Elephant. awesome album 1, OK album 2, weak album 3.
>>
>>65127000
>>65127013
You guys can't even deny you're hipster transplants. Fucking yikes.
>>
File: Awolnation-Megalithic-Symphony.jpg (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Awolnation-Megalithic-Symphony.jpg
42 KB, 300x300
Another example: Awolnation
>>
>>65127111
its called a sophomore slump
>>
Everything with Jack White is and was a gimmick. In the days of early White Stripes, the schtick they employed felt pretty fresh. Rock music made its way back onto the radio and everything was exciting and overall more immediate and less polished.

Jack's endeavors now feel forced and thirsting for some sort elitist nostalgia. I like what he's done with Third Man and the vinyl comeback. Musically though, everything he's done has been pretty bland. It doesn't help that he's kind of an asshole.

oh and tidal.
>>
>>65127111
So true until
>cage the elephant
That bands shit mang seriosly
>>
>>65127154
Will you faggots just shut the fuck up already? We get it all of ya'll are insecure "transplant" hipsters who feel the need to call other people transplant hipsters so that you feel like less of a transplant hipster.... Shits so cringey
>>
he seems like a real douchebag these days
>>
>>65127281
That initial tidal video with all those musicians was hilarious though. So many ridiculous personas in one room
>>
>>65127388
Ah, now you're samefagging? Fucking yikes indeed.
>>
>>65127281
Yeah it's funny in an odd way it's like his life played out like fuckin citizen Kane and he's alone in his massive playhouse in Nashville with taxidermist animals and tesla coils and vintage recording equipment but meg won't even hangout with him anymore and his supermodel ex wife took the kids
>>
>>65127425
>life played out like citizen Kane
>tfw you realise Jack White will probably die alone with nothing but his memories to keep him company too.

Feels bad, man.
>>
>>65127414
Hey stupid check out my IP I'm in Seattle, I'm not tht other faggot you were circle jerking with
>>
>>65127448
Yeah but that's kindof the question I'm asking I mean he's still somewhat young I think it might be possible for him to put out something cool in a few years or at least produce someone else's good record... Does anyone actually like any of the bands on his label?(besides the greenhorns the gories Loretta Lynn and Wanda Jackson)
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.