[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drug induced synaesthesia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Kuropatwy.jpg (217 KB, 700x443) Image search: [Google]
Kuropatwy.jpg
217 KB, 700x443
Once on LSD I've heard a painting on a wall making music. It was awesome.
Pic related.
>>
>There are some reports that the consumption of substances like LSD or magic mushrooms may elicit conditions similar to synaesthesia. This is called "drug-induced synaesthesia" and is not genuine synaesthesia. One cannot become a synaesthete by taking drugs.

/thread
>>
>>65124630
Then how do you achieve genuine synaesthesia?
>>
>>65124630
>green text
>/thread
wow how freakin scientific
>>
>>65125663
be born with it
>>
>>65125663
let kanye touch you
>>
>>65125663
you can't. either have it or you don't. maybe you can get your brain rewired by doctors or some shit (in the future)
>>
File: 4P4AcxW.webm (117 KB, 318x300) Image search: [Google]
4P4AcxW.webm
117 KB, 318x300
>>65124529
>>
Is LSD good for this?
>>
>>65125681
Maybe she's born with it,
Maybe it's LSD.
>>
File: WYzHW7T.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
WYzHW7T.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>>65124630
Who cares about having a brain disorder? And don't /thread yourself. Samefag it like everyone else does.
>>
>>65124630
It's literally in the title
>>
crack rush is the single best thing to listen to music on too bad you have to do crack
>>
File: EVERYBODY GETS AN ARROWHEAD v2.jpg (125 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
EVERYBODY GETS AN ARROWHEAD v2.jpg
125 KB, 500x375
>>65124529
>needing drugs to have synesthesia
pleb.

seriously though, I used to have it as a child but it faded away once I started school. I'd kill to have it back.
>>
File: 1447247399391.gif (1 MB, 350x462) Image search: [Google]
1447247399391.gif
1 MB, 350x462
>>65130404
maybe so but crack is a scary junkie fuck up your life kind of drug where as LSD is like a kiss from god/path to enlightenment
the former is probably not worth it given the potential consequences
>>
>>65130585
my synesthesia tends to dull a bit whenever I'm depressed
catharsis helps to make the colors brighter

if you have synesthesia and have not taken drugs though, I'd recommend it. instead of experiencing the colors, they're pulled to the front of your vision. it's like grabbing visuals with a hook and jerking them from the back of my brain to the front. at least that's how I see (heh) it.

unrelated, but I've wanted to do a synesthesia thread where people post music and I give them a color for it.
>>
>>65130705
shit, that .gif is a very accurate depiction of trip-o vision
>>
>>65125663
I know Avey Tare claims he has had hardcore synesthesia since he was a kid
>>
somewhat irrelevant, but once after being awake for about 30 hours, I consumed a caffeinated energy drink intending to stay up just a little longer, but then gave up soon after and closed my eyes to sleep. I started hearing a symphony in my head, it was very unique and tangible like I was actually hearing it. I didn't even get up to write any of it down, just enjoyed it until I fell asleep. Happened once more under similar conditions, but its too much of a toll on my mind and body to sleep deprive myself just to seek that out.

I read something like the longer you stay awake, the more active your brain actually gets because you make more and more neural connections as the day goes on, a lot of which get pruned during sleep. That might explain it, but damn I wish I could compose with music spontaneously playing in my head like that without having to stay awake for 30 hours to do it...
>>
>>65131017
also I feel a lot more creative in general whilst sleep deprived, I usually never post shit on social media but after being awake for ages I tweet like mad because I have all these novel things popping into my head
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.