[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else becoming more pleb as time passes? I was an avant
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 400x318
Is anyone else becoming more pleb as time passes? I was an avant teen, and used to judge everything that wasn't trout mask replica. As a result I never listened to bands other teens were listening to, like Animal Collective or Radiohead. Well, years later, I finally give them a shot and absolutely love them, while my contemporaries have begun to delve into the avant garde.
>>
I've always been a pleb tbqh
>>
Don't know about pleb/patrician but in high school I mostly listened to dadrock like the Beatles and Queen, got into metal at some point after that, but the past 5 years or so, maybe more, I've gotten into softer and softer stuff and mostly listen to pop stuff (as a genre, not top 40), both traditional and contemporary folk, slowcore, ambient, etc.
>>
sounds like you were just pretending to enjoy them as a teen for e-peen length on /mu/
>>
>listened to nu metal, pop punk, beatles, and oasis/u2 at 11
>listened to folk/indie/math rock /mu/core at 13 (discovered /mu/ here)
>listened to shoegaze/post-rock/post-punk/post-hardcore/psych rock/"patrician" hip hop at 14
>listened to krautrock/free jazz/noise/IDM/industrial/vaporwave/drum n bass/jungle/generic experimental at 16
>listened to trad folk/reggae/dub/throat singing/afrobeat/black metal/american primitivism/chopped and screwed/j-pop at 17
>listened to zeuhl/field recordings/spoken word/sound collage/recordings of space/power electronics/onyko/eai at 18
>listen to adult contemporary/yacht rock/weezer/smooth jazz from the 1980s almost exclusively now
>>
True patricians are those who give everything a shot and therefore are able to confidently judge what they like and what they don't like. So no, it sounds like you were an elitist pleb in high school and are becoming more patrician as time goes on (like most people do)
>>
Ehh, I generally just stopped trying to look patrician.
>>
>>65124414
Sounds like you found your true taste you fucking pleb yuppie roleplayer.
>>
>>65124328
you are breaking free of the meme indoctrination, soon you will stop being a literal memechild
>>
>>65124414
you haven't gotten more pleb

in fact, you've actually ascended and have taste far better than anyone in the universe
>>
>>65124972
i preferred Telephone Engineer's baseless elitism to Mark And's milquetoast redditness
>>
>>65125009
Poetry.
>>
>Not listening only to banda classics like Joan Sebastian and based Chente while mixing it from time to time with some David Bowie and SWANS

Git gut
>>
File: eli u.png (150 KB, 471x345) Image search: [Google]
eli u.png
150 KB, 471x345
>>65124414
>how many levels of irony are you on my dude XD

tier taste
>>
>>65125009
this desu

Mark And lacks the dry edgy humor of Telephone Engineer
>>
>90s hip hop at 17
>young thug and other shit like that now
>>
>>65125009
>>65125034
>>65125357
wew lads

I hope you realise I'm sincere a majority of the time nowadays

that post was of course a joke
>>
>>65125009
i feel like telephone engineer was an outlet for mark and to say all the shit he'd normally be afraid of saying
>>
>>65125598
no

I don't believe in many of the things I said as TE

take a look at my RYM, lad

my taste is pretty different from TE's
https://rateyourmusic.com/~TEthearbiter
>>
>>65124374
> dadrock
> Beatles

Learn the definition of dadrock, toad.
>>
the older I get, the more Talking Heads, Huey Lewis and the News, and Phil Collins I listen to
>>
File: gunfreg.jpg (8 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
gunfreg.jpg
8 KB, 228x221
>>65125780
>>65125780
>HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.