[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>inb4 frickin rockists try to deny this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: inb4 rockists try to deny this.png (248 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
inb4 rockists try to deny this.png
248 KB, 600x800
>inb4 frickin rockists try to deny this
>>
File: ,.gif (35 B, 1x1) Image search: [Google]
,.gif
35 B, 1x1
>>
>>65122772
i listen to full albums and i listen to hardly any rock music. i believe in the album as an art form. Sure songs can stand on their own and be judged as their own piece, but they're part of a bigger whole usually. And that's important to take into consideration.

I personally can't just listen to singles or B-sides or one-off tracks. I enjoy listening to a full album usually unless it's just background music.
>>
I think more albums have their songs conciously ordered for a specific reason than most people think. Sure, this might not apply to top 40 pop but I have a hard time believing too many artists just haphazardly throw their songs into a random order.
>>
>>65122772
SHUT UP I HAVE NOT BEEN CONDITIONED TO ENJOY FULL ALBUMS ITS A PERSONAL CHOICE
>>
>>65122951
Also you can support the album format and still be able to appreciate songs by themselves. I don't think anyone would say songs can't be judged as songs even if they adhere strictly to the album format. Even concept albums can have standout songs that can be appreciated outside of the context of the album.
>>
>>65122987
That's what you think.
>>
File: 1224135372571.jpg (16 KB, 244x314) Image search: [Google]
1224135372571.jpg
16 KB, 244x314
>>65122921
>>
>>65122772
>When a poptimist realizes that the artists he likes release shit albums and has a poor quality:quantity ratio, and he gets mad because other people enjoy the albums of the artists they like.
>>
File: folder.jpg (111 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
111 KB, 600x600
I'm over here just enjoying this artist you can't listen to because they never released a full album.
>>
File: folder.jpg (183 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
183 KB, 1000x1000
>>65123758
>>
>>65122921
>i listen to full albums and i listen to hardly any rock music.
Not listening to rock music doesn't make you any less of a rockist.
>>
>>65122772
different genres require different listening techniques to get full enjoyment, metal you must listen to full albums to get the full experience, stuff like beyonce you only need 4 minutes to realise its all garbage.
>>
>>65124916
>listening to metal
>>
>>65124988
>not listening to the most demanding and varied genre
>>
>>65126004
I listen to classical though. Whats any of this got to do with metal?
>>
My friend will download an album, listen to it, and then delete the songs he did not like.

Smh desu..
>>
fuckin lame-ass techno fans and their short attention spans. why would i want an experience that doesn't last at least like half an hour?
get out of my face
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.