[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do i make prog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 319x319
how do i make prog
>>
>>65121942
its all eastern philosophy and drugs meets conservatory level musical competency. not that hard anon
>>
>>65122181
wat
>>
>>65122417
practice ALOT

then get baked and watch Alan Watts videos
>>
pro tip: you can't
>>
>>65121942
first of all, you have to be the roundabout
>>
The most important thing you need to know about prog rock is to have lots of-<=To Be Continued\|/|
>>
Take up celibacy, sell most of your possessions, and dedicate at least an hour each day to meditation.
>>
Easy guide to making prog.

step one: start making music
step two: don't stop.
>>
put two or three songs together
>>
Play in either 5 or 7
>>
>>65123055
Chung chocko chang chocko chang choko chang

cha ra ra RA
>>
>>65123445
Tfw you get it
>>
>1. become a yogi
>2. grow your hair out (beard optional)
>3. spend a couple of decades playing along with Rachmaninov and Bach on guitar
>4. make a great record then play cruises for old people for the rest of your life
>>
>>65121942
become an sjw
>>
>>65124907
he said prog
not music in general
>>
Good prog: can't do it any more, good prog was actually wrung dry.

Bad prog: cut a bunch of politician speeches and loop them over a wanky guitar lick, then stop it entirely to play a hillbilly rhythm while you sing about how the world is trying to take a piece from you, then get both songs and label them "parts 6-12" of the same track, call it something long that doesn't really relate to the track, like "The Day Alex and Sylvester Went to the Mountain to Watch the Meteor Smash into Their Home Town and End Their Poor Doomed Family Trees", then watch /mu/ say they loved it up until the point Pitchfork gives it a 3.1.
>>
>>65125375
You seem to be mixing prog up with multiple other genres here sonny.
>>
>>65125841
prog is inherently mixed up with other genres sonny
>>
>>65125375
>there is no more good prog
top retard
>>
>>65126448
Doesn't make what you said any more sensical, sonny.
>>
Become a virtuosistic musician. Find other virtuosistic musicians. Start a band. Write wanky ass songs with frequently changing time signatures and base the lyrics on Tolkein fantasy. Have recurring themes from song to song, and sometimes album to album. Make sure all of your best songs are over 18 minutes long.
>>
>>65123055
heh
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.