[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy really reminds me of Ween. He even sounds like Gene's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 608x608
This guy really reminds me of Ween. He even sounds like Gene's "soft voice" he does in their slower songs.
>>
I don't know his music, but nobody deserves to be in the same sentence as Ween
>>
>>65122062
What's that supposed to mean?
>>
He's just a more normal Ariel Pink.
>>
>>65122074
I'd imagine he doesn't like Ween.

Probably because of some sort of eating utensil.
>>
Reminds me of Weird Al Yankovic
>>
>>65122095
And I don't even know why they are associated with said utensil. It's a very vague term if you ask me.
>>
It's the Steely Dan/Prince influence as well as the fact they both record in bedrooms with a Casio and a guitar. It's a trailer trash aesthetic that Ween mostly did early on, but it's more complicated.

Ultimately they aren't alike whatsoever, in both essence and artistic vision. Explore their discography more. Ween is too eclectic and allusive to even compare to anyone.
>>
>>65122368
I think they have some parallels with Ariel Pink, but that's just me.
>>
>>65122425
Yeah, but when Ween does sleaze they usually do it for the purposes of satire, or because they lived in legitimate filth and they only do it for a few a songs, with the exception of The Pod and Pure Guava. That's the thing with Ween, sometimes it's hard to tell when they're taking the piss or being sincere, because they are legitimate fans of some cheesy music and have moments of vulnerability. With Ariel it's more of an aesthetic experiment. It's like a bit he's committing to dangerously.
>>
>>65121880
throw ween, steely dan, ariel pink, the replacements, a dash of the smiths, a few cigarettes and a healthy dose of shit in a blender and there you go, you made mac demarco. best served lukewarm.
>>
>>65122074
>>65122095

no, it means that Ween is goat and nobody is in their league
>>
mac sounds like he's ripped off freedom of 76 a few times. I agree with OP I really think he sounds like (some of) Ween more than he does anyone else. don't really understand the ariel pink comparisons. He's probably also has a lot of influences in common with ween.
>>
File: 960.jpg (54 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
54 KB, 960x540
Mac cover when?

https://youtu.be/Q7mgLe4h_e4
>>
RIP mac

one more goof up dere
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.