[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I just listened to roygbiv for the first time and am now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: boc_musicrighttochildren1.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
boc_musicrighttochildren1.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
>I just listened to roygbiv for the first time and am now having an existential crisis

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
File: Geodaddi-Borrar.jpg (125 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Geodaddi-Borrar.jpg
125 KB, 620x620
>>65117923
If Music has the Right to Children makes you feel that way, give Geodaddi a listen. Especially Gyroscope, which in my opinion is the best BoC song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbFgxucxVcM

But ya, Boards of Canada makes me feel the same sometimes. Beautiful music.
>>
>>65118115
I've been meaning to give Geo a listen after I finish mhtrtc
>>
>>65117923
just wait until Olson
it's like being a sunrise
>>65118145
fucking do it
also make sure to listen to a good rip of Boc Maxima, it's like a prototypical MHtRtC with a few new god-tier tracks (namely Whitewater)
>>
File: 81564ade.png (897 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
81564ade.png
897 KB, 658x658
don't know what you mean anon
I just saw god
>>
Listen to The Incredibke String Band pal. They're essentially Boards of Canada.
>>
>>65118502
not at all
>>
>>65118115
While I do really like Gyroscope, I personally prefer Sunshine Recorder, The Beach at Redpoint, and You Could Feel the Sky better
>>
>>65118115
>>65118999
1969 is the best though
>>
>>65118502
Ain't nobody BoC 'xcept BoC
>>
>>65118502
what
>>
>>65119342
What about Christ.?
Also Black Moth Super Rainbow if you're going by aesthetic sensibilities
>>
File: fire.gif (461 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
fire.gif
461 KB, 500x282
>when the drums come in during the second half of An Eagle in Your Mind
>>
>>65117923

ORANGE
>>
>>65119366

BMSR has a fun aesthetic in its own right but it doesn't hold a candle to BoC when it comes to evoking deep or suppressed feels/nostalgia
>>
>>65119543
almost
>>
>>65119366
I tried finding music by Christ. but could only find this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0J1xeTxfyc

You have any other links?
>>
>>65119570
I agree BoC invokes way more feels, but their aesthetic sensibility on their first two albums is really incredibly similar to BoC. Just more blatantly lo-fi and they also have a mellotron.
>>65119617
You're in for a treat mate, he's an early member of BoC who left shortly before Twoism. He's credited on the 7" single release for Aquarius.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/31633-Christ
The period at the end is part of his pseudonym by the way. The big releases of his you should definitely check out are Metamorphic Reproduction Miracle, Blue Shift Emissions, and the Pylonesque EP. He's done lots of good stuff though, that song you linked is from his early albums that are just as rare/impossible to find as BoC's early stuff. Most off the songs from them have been rereleased on his Curio compilation series though, which I'd also highly recommend.
>>
>>65119617
Here's a very BoC-sounding song being played by him live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jeJr7PWMUU
>>
>>65117923
ORDER IN CANADA
>>
>>65120915
Why are so many IDM artists from the UK?
>>
>>65119543
dude orange lmao
>>
>>65119543
yes, that is right
>>
>>65120965
the whole idm sound was basically codified by warp records, that's why
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.