[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/twee/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I think the Shop Assistants are probably my favorite twee band. Safety Net is an untouchable song.
>>
bump

Also what exactly do people hear in Beat Happening? I don't like that guy's voice.
>>
I haven't explored much twee outside of the stuff on Sarah Records but what I have come across so far I really enjoy.
>>
>>65116751
Do you like the Field Mice at all?
>>
>>65116930
some of the songs on their first album are quite sweet imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z2y7CphB7M
this might not be 'twee' per se but it's still one of my favorite songs ever, so beautiful
>>
>>65118867
I've got a V/A compilation that has Landmark on it, though that's not one of the standouts on it to me, it sounds like a rewrite of Here Comes a Regular. What of theirs is good?
>>
>>65116751
Thank god this general exists.

>>65118867
I fucking love Snowball

>>65116930
I don't either
What is the best BAS album?
>>
not quite twee but you have to listen to oh-ok (at least the wow ep)

wow is drums bass and vocals, and it's awesome

they aren't quite as good after that when they get a guitar player (though it's michael sweet, if you care about him)
>>
>>65118927
If you want individual songs, try this love is not wrong, or maybe emma's house. I like the compilation "How'd you learn to Kiss that Way" but it's most of their recorded output, so might be a bit much
>>
>>65119652
It wouldn't be the first complete discography compilation I'll have, so I'll check it out.
>>
File: adayfordestroyingthings2.jpg (256 KB, 1200x825) Image search: [Google]
adayfordestroyingthings2.jpg
256 KB, 1200x825
It is important that you listen to the entire Sarah Records Discography.

My favorites are:
1. The Field Mice - For Keeps
2. The Orchids - Unholy Soul
3. Heavenly - P.U.N.K. Girl EP
4. St Christopher - Bacharach
>>
>>65119726
I'll get right on listening to all of it
>>
Quick question about Talulah Gosh: What's the difference between Backwash and Was It Just a Dream? Is there enough new stuff on the latter to justify spending twice as much for it?
>>
>>65119816
Was It Just a Dream? has some unreleased demos on the YY disc which are low sound-quality because I'm pretty sure they were ripped off cassettes. It comes in a nice gate-fold vinyl though, with an extensive interview and some contemporary images.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.