[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Times Pitchfork was right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 131539501290_square.png (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
131539501290_square.png
11 KB, 200x200
>ITT: Times Pitchfork was right

Yeah, everyone is constantly shitting on Pitchfork on this board, but they can actually sometimes write some good reviews and they helped me discover a bunch of great music.

If it wasn't for their list "The 100 Best Albums of the Decade So Far" I would have never discovered so many great albums and they showed me that niggers can actually create some great music today. Because of that list I discovered:

>Pluto (and Future before he was huge)
>1017 Thug (also thanks to that list I got into Young Thug before he exploded)
>Flockaveli
>Love King (the best R&B album of the decade?)
>Finally Rich

The list could go on, of course.

Post your experiences where Pitchfork was actually helpful for once.
>>
the jet review is probably the only time where it was acceptable for a website of their stature to publish such a cheap joke
>>
>>65115801
Never
>>
>when Gira was a rapist
>toxic masculinity and sexism in the music industry

Can't think of anything else, they have awful music taste as of late.
>>
>>65115858
Hello, Marcel.
How are you feeling today?
>>
camp review was on point

op sounds like a pompous cunt to be honest - if you're learning about trap music thru meghan garveys crusty writing you might as well kill yourself

also, pluto is a garbage album
>>
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/16022-achtung-baby-super-deluxe-edition/
>>
Their Post Malone review was on point, too.

>>65115983
>pluto is a garbage album
Why would you say this?
>>
>>65115858
By that logic, you just admitted that Oasis' first two albums are trash since P4k gave their reissues high scores.
>>
Theit St. Anger review.
>>
They were right on MBDTF.
They were wrong on Centipede HZ.
It deserved lower.
>>
File: TuII1.jpg (18 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
TuII1.jpg
18 KB, 499x499
post yfw you've lurked long enough to see the P4K era end on /mu.
>>
>>65116023
well, it's weak by future's standards

it's still rather listen to pluto than a lot of other hip-hop albums but when you compare it to 56 nights or monster it's just so uninspired
>>
>>65115902
Man, it must be frusterating to have the world not be for you.
>>
>>65116574
What do you mean?
>>
>>65116619
Retard
>>
>>65115801
all of their lists before ~2012 have been good
>>
They really aren't so awful,
Most all of their lists a are at very least respectable and their retrospective reviews are usually great. That being said they play favorites way too much in their reviews and seem to be swayed to much by popular opinion. They are better used for a resource to find new music rather than a guide to what is good and bad imo
>>
>>65115858
the irony
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.