[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kanye West vs Death Grips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 499x499
Death Grips is a progressive band pushing the genre forward.
Kanye makes shallow pop music and faux-"experimental" shallow pop music that is eaten up by tasteless normies.

Kanye West is loved only by memeing teenagers (Yeezus Season bruh XD).
Death Grips' fanbase is largely on 4chan, an 18+ site.

Death Grips has great verbose and intellectual lyrics (listen to Government Plates).
Kanye just raps about muh dick, money, fame, and bitches.

Kanye rips off his fan by selling overpriced blank white t-shirts.
Death Grips offers only the highest-quality affordable merch like the Death Classic and Guillotine shirts.

Death Grips never disappoints when experimenting and MC Ride has a great range and can perform many styles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p611hMnrGKE
When Kanye attempts to deviate, he makes the most cringeworthy shit in his catalog (808s, Yeezus, and Pablo).

MC Ride is soft-spoken and eloquent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWdpEnJfxI
Kanye is a babbling loud-mouth nigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI

Kanye is praised for his "production" by retarded teenagers who don't know what production actually means even though his music sounds the same as all other pop shite.
Death Grips' raw production enhances their music and is fierce and invokes a feeling like I am really gripping death.

Most of Kanye's fans only listen to him because of white guilt.
Death Grips is hated by SJWs for including white men.
>>
Bait? I don't know how you can think Kanye fans meme more than DG fans. Also the t shirt thing is a pretty stupid argument. Also Government Plates doesn't actually have a lot of lyricism, particularly the second half, and pales in comparison to some of the lyrical work on Niggas on the Moon. Also, Death Grips have called themselves feminist, and a few of Ride's lyrics can be interpreted through the lense of post-structuralist feminism (Ride as the other). I won't pretend that I know authorial intent as DG lyrics can sometimes be quite opaque, but the connections are there.
>>
>>65114700

Who is Kanye West?
>>
>le yeezus is diet death grips lmao xD

>everyone here is a troll or 8 years old or autistic

>kanye has some of the best word play of any rapper (listen to MBDTF and tell me otherwise)

>i agree with this

>all death grips albums pretty much feel the same, with only small differences. every kanye album post Graduation is vastly different from the last

>i bet this is the only kanye vid you've ever seen

>"like i am really gripping death"
>kek

>nobody listens to anything because of white guilt, that doesn't exist.
>>
>>65114700
Le dead greeps is good XDXDXD

I love it and isn't a meme CX CX
>>
File: 1416533490185.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1416533490185.png
260 KB, 563x542
>Kanye West songs sound good

>Death Grips songs don't
>>
What is Death Grips?
>>
Death Grips is a crack head rambling to some pseudo-drummer, who cares?
>>
>comparing Yeezus to a /mu/ meme

Get back to redd.it
>>
>>65115563
I'm pretty sure those are the twenty one pilots
>>
>Death Grips' fanbase is largely on 4chan

that's not a good point for DG
>>
Kanye has like s shred of self consciousness about how dumb he and hip hop culture really is. However he actively ignores that tiny little bit of enlightenment

Is that the point of his art?

His lyrics are like

" I got so much money I'm so materialistic, materialism is stupid but I'm so materialistic anyways"

"I got so many bitches I've got 100 bitches, i don't get any satisfaction from my contrived sex life but look at all these bitches"

" I'm so fuckin famous, don't you want to be famous? being famous sucks, but be jealous that I'm famous"

Jesus wept

It's like he's right on the cusp of realizing how dumb he is but he can't quite figure it out.
>>
"Death Grips is a progressive band pushing the genre forward." Not really, people aren't being inspired but just ripping off.
"Kanye makes shallow pop music and faux-"experimental" shallow pop music that is eaten up by tasteless normies."
Yeah for the most part, but pop isn't really bad. And Kanye compared to all the other pop rappers is 20 times better.

"Kanye West is loved only by memeing teenagers (Yeezus Season bruh XD)."
Agree
"Death Grips' fanbase is largely on 4chan, an 18+ site."
/r/deathgrips
"Man i wish mc ride would come to my school"

"Death Grips has great verbose and intellectual lyrics (listen to Government Plates)." It's basically true, but doesn't apply to all of their things.
"Kanye just raps about muh dick, money, fame, and bitches."
So Spaceship wasn't about his struggles, Real Freinds was about his dick and such? Kanye has gone trashy but not that trashy.

"Kanye rips off his fan by selling overpriced blank white t-shirts."
True
"Death Grips offers only the highest-quality affordable merch like the Death Classic and Guillotine shirts."
True

"Death Grips never disappoints when experimenting and MC Ride has a great range and can perform many styles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p611hMnrGKE [Open]"
True
"When Kanye attempts to deviate, he makes the most cringeworthy shit in his catalog (808s, Yeezus, and Pablo)."
Semi True, some of those tracks were the best

"MC Ride is soft-spoken and eloquent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWdpEnJfxI [Open]"
True
"Kanye is a babbling loud-mouth nigger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI [Open]"
True
>>
"Kanye is praised for his "production" by retarded teenagers who don't know what production actually means even though his music sounds the same as all other pop shite."
I didn't know you were a teenager
"Death Grips' raw production enhances their music and is fierce and invokes a feeling like I am really gripping death."
If it felt like gripping death, wouldn't it be scary?

"Most of Kanye's fans only listen to him because of white guilt."
>Implying whites should be guilty
"Death Grips is hated by SJWs for including white men."
A straw poll showed most death grips fans are white.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.