[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
nas is a boring rapper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: BORING.jpg (26 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
BORING.jpg
26 KB, 333x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH1u4JwCN2Y
he sounds sound bored in this.
>>
Illmatic is an objective GOAT
>>
>>65114255
everything else after that is just him desperately looking for a new identity
>>
File: boring.jpg (17 KB, 400x221) Image search: [Google]
boring.jpg
17 KB, 400x221
why is he such a boring rapper?
>>
>>65114277
Kinda
Life is Good was decent and his most mature IMO. It's like he accepted at that point he'll only be remembered for Illmatic and at this point he doesn't care, and just does what he loves because he's old now.
>>
>>65114240
It was written was also good, but Illmatic is his best work. Still Illmatic is still better than a lot of current rappers discographies
>>
God's Son is top-tier my-momma's-dead-rap.
>>
Why can New York rappers only create one good album before becoming shit

>Nas
>Mos Def
>Jey Badass
>The Diplomats
>Asap Rocky
>Wu Tang
>Busta

The list goes on
>>
>>65115571
Wu Tang doesn't count since almost every member has a GOAT solo album
>>
>>65114240
Nas is what you call a "realistic" rapper. i think this was impressive, wordplay and lines where on point, not alot of rappers can do this, you want him to mumble on the mic and spit some "turn up" bull shit?
>>
>>65115571
what was Mos Def's good album?
Black on Both Sides? Blackstar? The Ecstatic?
>>
>>65114240
From a talent standpoint, I think Nas is probably still one of the best rappers alive. His wordplay has always been superb, he can flow different ways all very nicely...

But the consistency of his production has definitely fallen off since Illmatic. It seems like he has a couple great tracks on each album, but he can't put out something with the same start-to-finish excellence that Illmatic has. I think it's just getting old, honestly--there's a certain raw, give-no-fucks energy to Illmatic that, in a way, can only happen on a debut album. As soon as you've got a reputation, as soon as you've realized your career, you'll never be as audacious as you were on your first album. That's why the rest of his albums tend to lack any consistency.

Just my two cents.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCldblJTyB5zwdka2qAH5maQ
>>
>>65115571
>Nas
It Was Written is a classic and nearly as good as illmatic
>Mos Def
TND is the only terrible thing he did
>Jey Badass
was never good
>The Diplomats
eh okay
>Asap Rocky
Never made a bad album
>Wu Tang
Solo albums, Wu-Tang Forever
>Busta
Never made a good album, fite me
>>
>>65115571
>>65116502
oh i read aesop rock never mind

getting too old for this bullshit
>>
>>65114277
It Was Written was a classic too.

>>65115571

Not like Jay-Z released 3 classics or anything
>>
>>65116502
>kys my man
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.