[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aoty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: a2165492760_10.jpg (198 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2165492760_10.jpg
198 KB, 1200x1200
aoty
>>
i believe that album is just pure hype, but i dont know its my opinon after all
>>
Got some really good pop rock tracks like 1937 skate park but it's taken away the lofi style which was a huge pull for me. Lyrically it's kept the essence of his previous works in most tracks but you can really feel the impact and influence of the studio on the tone.
>>
listening to it now, just sounds like a lazy vocalist ripping off Pavement
>>
>>65108386
yeah i thought this also, i hate to call it overproduced but
>>
>>65108405
>>65108405
Agreed. The only album of his I like is How To Leave Town because it doesn't sound like a worse Weezer/Pavement.
>>
>>65107871
It's a wildly publicized album that IMHO doesn't deserve the hype
>>
>>65107871
It's shit. It's vapid and hollow. He's a good lyricist but that right ain't shit when there are no creative or original melodies and compositions to back them up.

I don't know where the tremendous talent that popped out My Back is Killing Me Baby went.

>>65108506
What other albums have you listened to by him? Twin Fantasy is well beloved, and My Back is Killing Me is outstanding. The latter at least is far from sounding like Weezer or Pavement.
>>
>>65107871
insufferable angsty hipster: the album
>>
wow lotta unnecessary negativity in this thread, the album was well hyped on /mu/ before the BNM so i guess it just goes to show this board is full of a bunch of contrarian bait-spewing shitheads
>>
>>65108775
But you're wrong familia
I'm a tremendous Willfag, I pre-ordered the shit, and was one of the few obsessed enough with his Bandcamp page that I managed to snag the leak.
Been disappointed since.
It really is vapid angsty teen shit, his stuff from the 2010-2011 era somehow managed to have a more mature outlook.
>>
>>65108707
I couldn't really get into Twin Fantasy, and Teens of Style had a few good moments (mostly Maud Gone which is amazing). I just like his more midpaced drum machine/keyboard driven stuff over the indie rock/pop material

You're completely right that this has nothing interesting musically to back up the lyrics
>>
WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT CHUBBY LITTLE KID
>>
>>65108933
>I just like his more midpaced drum machine/keyboard driven stuff

Definitely check out My Back is Killing Me Baby

All songs off Teens of Style were taken back from that era, including at least like four or five tracks that were watered down from the psychedelic, interesting style of the originals to fit Matador's indie rock archetype.
>>
>>65109145
i killed him and took his glasses senpai
>>
I think it is a very solid album. It is a bit safe, but I think it did it well.
>>
I like it, but I find it hard to take Will as seriously as him/his songs demand to be taken
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.