[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Decided to revisit 9th grade music and listen thru everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: JUST.png (634 KB, 875x450) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
634 KB, 875x450
>Decided to revisit 9th grade music and listen thru everything chronologically.
>First four were 5/5, fifth was decent.
>they had king nothin, fuel, aint my bitch...
>how bad could it be
>...
>dear
>sweet
>jesus
>fffucking
>christ

I think my ears got a combination of hemorrhoids and aids just from letting that filthy country-snooze-fest writhingly pass through my system. Never again.

They even had the nerve to release TWO CDS of garage.

Describe your first head-on collision with shit gone bad.
>>
Be glad you stopped before revisiting St Anger.
>>
>>65105749
I didn't even bother downloading st garbage can.
>>
If all of the good songs between these 2 albums were put together they would've had a pretty solid album that would've really held up among their discography. But there's way too many throw away songs between the 2.
>>
>>65105749

St. Anger is way better than anything they put out after the Black Album.
>>
File: ishig.jpg (11 KB, 338x338) Image search: [Google]
ishig.jpg
11 KB, 338x338
>>65105439
It's called being a pleb son. You are one.
Load and ReLoad are the greatest things Metallica has ever done and ever will do.
I like all of their albums, don't get me wrong. But seriously these two albums are their best artistic contributions along with LuLu, the Black Album, and St. Anger along with Justice.
First three albums, while good, will ALWAYS be "Look at me listening to this old thrash metal! Accept me into a group guys please!"
>>
>>65105749
>typical anti St. Anger guy
Biggest meme ever.
>>
DAMN IT ALL DOWN
DAMN IT UNBOUND
DAMN IT ALL DOWN TO HELL AGA-AI-AI-AIN
>>
>>65105749
st anger is really strong actually. it has monster riffs and is one of the most truly enraged albums i've ever heard. clumsy in some regards but overall i really dig it.
>>
>>65107672
IT AIN'T MUH BITCH
>>
>>65107761
BUT NOW IT'S TIME TO KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE
>>
>>65105439

yeah, they're pretty garbage, but there are cool songs in both albums, but the two ones are actually a bad try of copying the alternative rock scene from the 90s, just like st anger tried to copy the nu metal scene from the 2000's. I don't like to say that they are crap albums, there are cool songs in all those albums, but I think Metallica should stick to what they know how to do best.
>>
I quite enjoy Until It Sleeps desu
>>
>>65107221

While I do think most of the people will always be like "look at me listening to this old thrash albums", the first 3 albums of metallica are pure gold, speccially master of puppets, wich is one of those albums where every song it's a 10/10. Justice it's great too and The Black Album I think it's the album they manage to adapt their sound to mainstream without losing their essence.
>>
File: capture.png (81 KB, 1000x636) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
81 KB, 1000x636
>>65107888
It's true that that's a lot of copying, but where does all the country come in? They went from 200bpm to a slog of 60bpm. They're songs almost have doom-metal length.

Also pic is surprisingly catchy.
>>
>>65108038
The metallica song I mean, haven't listened to this arrangement.

What do you guys think of the covers they've done? I pretty much like 'em more than the originals.
>>
>>65108083

they are one of those bands that can take a song and perform it with their sound and essence and in my opinion Metallica has never failed in that aspect.
>>
>>65108282
Stone Cold Crazy is so executed.

Anybody know where I can find compilations of just covers from big bands or sth?
>>
File: Screenshot_12 (3).png (31 KB, 248x101) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_12 (3).png
31 KB, 248x101
>>65107221

Are you mentally retarded? LULU ONE OF THEIR BEST ARTISTIC CONTRIBUTIONS? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, ANON? FUCKING HELL, I AM SO TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW, FUCKING HELL, ANON, WHAT THE LITERAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR SHITTY FUCKING BRAIN?!
>>
>>65105439

Metallica should'ev stopped while they were getting clean, and turned back to their Christian belifs, that's what killed Megadeth for me as well, both bands while on drugs kicked major ass, while they're sober they're meh to fucking garbage.
>>
>>65105439
What? King Nothing, Fuel and Ain't My Bitch are some of the worst songs on those albums.

I never listened much to Re-Load but the first one was a really solid album. I'd rather listento that again than the overplayed Black Album.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.