[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
newbism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: classical-guitar-1-600x250.jpg (28 KB, 600x250) Image search: [Google]
classical-guitar-1-600x250.jpg
28 KB, 600x250
>is a newbie
>has a classical guitar
>has a n00b electric guitar without amp
advices for getting started? being playing casually (randomly covering songs) for like a year
>>
>>65105301
Give your outdated instrument to a museum and start living in the 21st century.
>>
>>65105321
hell no
>>
Could use some tips too, classical guitar here
>>
>>65105301
Depends on what you want to play desu. Assuming you know a few basics, and want to learn to play classical guitar, the most important thing is to learn to play with ALL your fingers. Practice using your little and ring finger.
>>
>>65105448
thx
also
>practiced a lot with Ultimate-Guitar chords/tab shit
>>
>>65105588
I see. You might find learning scales, chords and how they relate useful as well, if you are serious about learning to play classical guitar. Scales are useful, almost essential, if you want to improvise as well.
>>
>>65105673
thanks again!
>>
>>65105301
Do your scales and use the entire neck of the guitar when you do them.

Start with E Chromatic, E Major and E Minor. Play them until you can do them without a flaw and then start going off script when you play them.

A Classical Guitar instruction book will do you a huge world of good. The lessons it teaches will take your much father than anything else you can start with.

Keep doing covers to keep your interest up and to get you used to playing actual songs.

As you begin to get better with your scale work you will begin to see how the stuff you cover fits in the frame of the instrument itself.

Start doing 30 minutes per day of practice. Work up to the point that you can play for at least 2 hours if you get so inclined.

You will be light years ahead of most local competition unless you live near a serious music school. In that case you should go see some student and master work performances. I caught the recent 15 annual International Guitar Festival at Radford University this year. The level of talent there was jaw dropping.

The best two players of the Festival were Dennis Azabajic (SP?) and Marcin Dylla. Those two are world level masters at the classical guitar. There may be less than 100 people who can even come close to what they can do.
>>
>>65106435
I really appreciate your help

yeah, i actually play a lot during the day, so i'll just keep up that way

my school isn't a music school but there are rock concerts like 4 times a year and there are a lot of students interested in music (i live in italy)
>>
>>65105301
learn to hammer-on / pull-off
>>
>>65108036
>been there, done that
>>
learn to enjoy playing
>>
ea
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.