[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I liked it ^_^
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I liked it ^_^
>>
>tfw you just want to make a light-hearted Ween type album but people only want the profound Bryan Wilson stuff
>>
>>65104653
Pw has nothing to do with ween
>>
>>65104635
Their worst album to date.
>>
>>65105905
I agree, but it's far from bad
>>
>>65104653
Who's Bryan Wilson tho
>>
>>65104653
some of the more upbeat tracks on feels feels like such selfparody that it resembles ween
so try that maybe :^)
>>
>>65105905
This isn't Centipede Hz anon.
>>
>>65104653
>ween type album
>bryan wilson
:^)
>>
>>65106274
Don't talk shit about my waifu.
>>
>>65105984
That's the problem. When you make multiple incredible albums, your worst album, even if it's pretty good, is bound to receive flack.
>>
>WHile YOUre HUFFin YOU FIGure why not SOAK UP all the CRAZE INSTead of COOOOOPPPPEEE
>>
Album as a whole is one of their worsts (even though I like it alot). However some songs like Burglars and On Delay are in the top 10 best AnCo songs ever
>>
>>65106751
On Delay has really grown off of me
Second half of Burglars though is definitely some prime Anco
>>
>>65106751
The Burglars is their most underrated song for sure
>>
Does anyone have any good concrete evidence/reasoning for Painting With being bad (or worse than their other work)? I do think it's one of their worst albums, but I have trouble articulating why. I just don't get the same feeling I get from their other music. It's like PW is too formulaic, or robotic. Just doesn't feel as human or emotional.
>>
>>65105905
I enjoy more tracks off of it than CHz. Being specific, what did you find so bad about it?

Hocus Pocus, Burglars, Golden Gal, and Recycling were all great, Floridada, On Delay, Verticle, and Summing the Wretch were all good. Can you really fault them for writing a stripped down album devoid of ambiance when they specifically set out to do so? They maintained their commitment to trying a different set up, following a sonic theme, and experimenting with stuff they've never tried before. People seriously fault this album way too hard, it's a step up from the mess that was CHz, which was interesting and ambitious but they overworked it into oblivion.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.