[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of this album? I don't know shit about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 814zGxPhT9L._SY355_.jpg (39 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
814zGxPhT9L._SY355_.jpg
39 KB, 355x355
What does /mu/ think of this album?

I don't know shit about jazz but I like this one.
Is jazz made by white people less cool?
>>
It's the kind of album I might use to introduce someone to jazz. Wasn't Take Five a hit single? Maybe not one of the peaks of the genre but still, pretty fucking solid.

Uhh.. probably but, guys like Bill Evans proved it wasn't completely in the realms of impossibility for a white dude to stand with the cool black people of jazz
>>
>>65099846
>What does /mu/ think of this album?
it's a classic

a bit overrated but very good stuff
>I don't know shit about jazz but I like this one.
yeah it's pretty accessible and like >>65099949 said it's a good intro to the genre
>Is jazz made by white people less cool?
no
>>
>>65099968
>no
don't lie to the poor man he might believe you
white men can't do anything as cool as black people the quicker we accept this the quicker we can advance in our strengths and over power the burden that is the african american race
>>
>>65100200
Are you insinuating that Morgan Freeman is cooler than The Terminator himself?
>>
>>65100227
Actors. Not remotely similar though.

That's like comparing metal to polka.
>>
It's insanely overrated but quite good.

And there's nothing wrong with white people in jazz
>>
>>65100200
hey thanks pitchfork!
>>
>>65100265
Alright then Patrick Stewart to Laurence Fishburne. They're similar in a way, are they? Does Larry Fishy have the potential to be as funny as Paddy Stu?
>>
>>65099846
Cool album. I think some tracks are kind of forgettable but Take Five and Blue Rondo are incredible.

Depends on the white person.
>>
File: wcj.png (365 KB, 965x629) Image search: [Google]
wcj.png
365 KB, 965x629
>>65099846
>What does /mu/ think of this album?
Quality shit
>I don't know shit about jazz but I like this one
For more search for West Coast Jazz or Cool Jazz. YT has tons of playlists.
Come on now.
>>
>>65099846
In practice white people jazz is on average less cool but there's nothing inherently uncool about the concept.
>>
>>65099846
Start with the Greeks aka Louis Armstrong Hot Five and Hot Seven recordings
>>
This is a classic. Dave Brubeck was the man, and quite influentual.

Listen to the instrumental version of A Hard Day's Night off the soundtrack. Totally influenced by Take Five.

And if you have a copy of Woodstock Two, listen to Back At The House by Jimi Hendrix. It's nothing more than his version of Blue Rondo A La Turk. Don't believe me? Play them back to back.

Once again, this album is a classic, and Dave Brubeck was a genius.
>>
taco taco taco burrito
taco taco taco burrito
taco taco taco burrito
Burrito burrito burrito
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.