[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: INXS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
ITT: INXS
>>
itt; moo is born after the year 2000
>>
Please one response and I'll fuck off
>>
>>65099138
DREAM ON BLACK BOY
>>
>>65099170
Thanks white girl, I'll fuck off now
>>
>>65098274
Need You Tonight is god-tier
>>
M8 I r8 this song 8/8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg9mlMnQAVM
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv_zJrO_ptk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citCPpb4Dok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X14S98QUfWw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ELh7P2ZtA

Name a sexier voice.
>>
File: George Michael.jpg (48 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
George Michael.jpg
48 KB, 480x720
>>65100999

>Name a sexier voice.
>>
DUDE EROTIC ASPHYXIATION LMAO
>>
>>65099234
Please don't, I need you tonight.
>>
When I was 16 I asked a girl out to an INXS show. I didn't know anything about them, but I knew retro new wave stuff was cool, and their concert was way cheaper than The White Stripes, who were also playing. The girl turned me down and said she had a boyfriend. Turns out she really did have a boyfriend, and I met him. But regardless, after that I never talked to her again because I felt all awkward and stuff.
>>
>>65101878
You might have dodged a bullet there. If it was INXS when The White Stripes were big, then that was INXS in their "futile quest for a new lead singer" years. Despite the rest of the band being talented, they just weren't as good without Michael Hutchence.
>>
File: Christgau INXS.png (33 KB, 1567x334) Image search: [Google]
Christgau INXS.png
33 KB, 1567x334
>>
FALLING DOWN THE MOUNTAIN
>>
I NEED YOU TONIGHT
>>
>>65103286
Fucking lel. Is he usually that whiny or did that band kill his cat or something.
>>
>>65103668
He's saying INXS were just product with no particularly interesting traits, but somehow managed to produce a catchy, well-crafted pop rock album and he thinks it's unfair for a band that mediocre to make a record that...good.
>>
>>65103695
gotcha
>>
>>65101982
Hutchence was a super charismatic frontman with a powerful voice. Attempting to stay relevant by replacing him and keeping the INXS name was such a desperate move. Also, The One Thing was a jam.
>>
>>65103695
I'm not sure If I agree with him on that. "silly middlebrow hacks" makes it sound like they came from nowhere and miraculously one good album. If you listened to Kick, then listened to "Listen Like Thieves and "The Swing" that came before it, you could see that the sound and even the popularity of Kick had been coming for a few albums.
>>
They had a pretty solid run of albums from Shabooh Shoobah through X.
>>
Christgau did the same thing with the Doobie Brothers actually; he said they were just mediocre formula rock but Minute By Minute was a nice collection of catchy, danceable pop rock tunes.
>>
>>65098274
I always thought of them as a New Wave Def Leppard. They found what worked and stuck with it.
>>
>>65104522
Interesting. I think that Welcome to Wherever You Are was not only solid but overall their best album.
>>
File: AC DC performing in 1986.jpg (97 KB, 1085x569) Image search: [Google]
AC DC performing in 1986.jpg
97 KB, 1085x569
It seems that the whole hairspray rock thing never filtered down to Australia because AC/DC didn't do that either; they never abandoned their barroom band look.
>>
>>65104902
Australians are too gritty and bogan to look like Poison. You'd be laughed out of the building if you tried to pull that shit down here.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.