[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody explain this shitty meme to me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 220x220
Can somebody explain this shitty meme to me?
>>
No meme, just a solid left-field country album that a few spammers latched onto and it got out of hand. This was big in chart threads for a while but /mu/ couldn't handle it.
>>
You're thinking about it too much.
>>
It's good, trust me.

The meme, that is. Haven't listened to the album.
>>
>>65093744
That's all it is. A shitty meme. People will try and validate it, but that's because their sense of humour's the same quality as the music.
>>
Just think: at least one person has fallen for this meme. It's fucking terrible and obvious, too.
>>
WHEN THE LIGHTS COME ON
>>
>>65093744
It's not a meme, on my world it means hope
>>
pretty good album
>>
Am i the only one who actually enjoys this album unironically? Burnin it Down is the best country-IDM song i've ever heard..

I never listened to country before this album, and i'm yet to find anything like it. Not sure why this gets called a meme
>>
experimental country

people cant take it seriously because its country but its really fucking good
>>
If Jason was a young trendy black dude with braids /mu/ would be all over his dick
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC2tLWMMF38

If this was a Drake song, /mu/ would love it and call it a "banger"
>>
>>65093744
>>65093790
>>65093801
>>65093813
>>65093815
>>65093821
>>65093823
>>65093834
>>65093876
>>65093902
>>65093922
>>65093946
>>>/s4s/
4chan already has a dedicated meme board. Please proceed there to avoid shitting up this board.
>>
It was shared a lot in those share threads and its name got around as one of the better country albums
>>
>>65094019
It's okay, not everyone can "get it", anon.
>>
>>65094019
hehe he said meme

quit devaluing this great artist
>>
>>65094019
Wew you quoted all those posts; great job lad.
I never said I approved of it.
>>
>>65094019
Death Grips and vaporwave threads are posted here every day faggot. Go tell that to them.
>>
>>65094053
>>65094054
>>65094075
>>65094077
>getting buttblasted someone doesn't like your shitty meme
This board really is full of underages huh
>>
File: mQuuHhB.jpg (186 KB, 1071x1620) Image search: [Google]
mQuuHhB.jpg
186 KB, 1071x1620
>>65093744
>good album gets posted a lot
>happens to be outside of /mu/'s comfort zone of derivative indie, hip hop, hyperbolic rymcore, and meme metal

>"wtf is this meme"

Grow up.
>>
>>65094077
>>65094075
>>65094054
>>65094053
S A M E F A G S
>>
>>65094174
rare hyde
>>
>>65094174
Either you're a newfag, or way too deep into this post-irony meme. Either way, gtfo
>>
>>65094220
you gtfo boi
watch sam hyde on youtube and you might learn something about humor
>>
>>65093902
This was a guilty pleasure for me before it was memed
>>
>>65094372
Watched it. Who the fuck is this asshole? He's a racist.
>>
>>65093744
it's forced

hard
>>
>>65094739
Still being posted 10 times a day without fail after what like 6 months now?

I'd say it's passed "forced " stage at this point. The DEVO cover was a forced meme.
>>
his DG collaboration is on point
https://soundcloud.com/fishmans-aldean/countryshock
>>
I think it was the Scaruffi rating that gave this album meme status. I understand the criticism: no 9's all millennium, 1 9.5 for the history of music, then suddenly out of nowhere a 10 for such a politically divisive record? OBND is, to be fair, spectacularly flawed: it hews too close to its obvious inspirations, Trout Mask Replica, Kaoru Abe's Winter 1972, and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring to name a few; some parts, most notably the 9 minute modal jazz fugue 'If My Truck Could Talk', are ambitious to the point of onanism; the dynamics, from -25 dBA RMS for tracks on end to the sound-barrier-breaking cathartic noise tempest on 'Two Night Town: Part II (the Second Night)', make it no less easier to experience for ears more accustomed with modern production styles. I would argue that it is precisely these flaws that give OBND it's effervescent je-ne-sais-pais that keeps me coming back to it time and time again. As Aldean writes in the liner notes to album centerpiece 'Burning it Down':

"Suppose that a man leaps out of a burning building and lands on a bystander in the street below. Now, make the burning building be Europe, and the luckless man underneath be the Palestinian Arabs. Is this a historical injustice? Has the man below been made a victim, with infinite cause of complaint and indefinite justification for violent retaliation? My own reply would be a provisional 'no,' but only on these conditions. The leaper must make such restitution as he can to the man who broke his fall, and must not pretend that he never even landed on him. And he must base his case on the singularity and uniqueness of the original leap. It can't, in other words, be 'leap, leap, leap' for four generations and more. The people underneath cannot be expected to tolerate leaping on this scale and of this duration, if you catch my drift. In Palestine, tread softly, for you tread on their dreams. And do not tell the Palestinians that they were never fallen upon and bruised in the first place.
>>
>>65094854
there's another one?

holy fuck make a whole album pls
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.