[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /mu/, what is the proper way to get into Animal Collective?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg (123 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Animal_collective_merriweather.jpg
123 KB, 450x450
Alright /mu/, what is the proper way to get into Animal Collective?
>>
Chronologically

just don't be a baby on Spirit and Danse
>>
Start with PW and go backwards
>>
on drugs
>>
buy them dinner and get them drunk
>>
>>65088832
based answer

inb4 youtube-tier butthurt response:

BUT IF ITZ GOOD MUSIK U DONT NEED ANYTHING HAHA JUST CHILL W/ THE VIBES & ITS GREAT SONGZ NOT EVERYBODY WHO LISTENS TO THEM IS ON DRUGS U DON'T NEED THAT U REALLY DON'T
>>
>>65088796
Listen to the LPs in reverse chronological order with the accompanying EPs listened to after each album.
>>
There isn't one

I started on MPP and it took me forever to go further than Strawberry Jam, Sung Tongs and Feels

But then I did

Every album is pretty different. Lots of people don't like CHz and Painting With but I love both as well
>>
>>65088917
probably this
>>
From the odd self-flagellating expeditions to this pretentious hellscape..... i'd just say hang about and repeat the Mantra:

"N DA AURPLAIN OVER DA CEE 4 lyfs bbz"
>>
>>65088882
What kind of drugs? Like generic weed or like psyhchadelics?
>>
>>65088917
Does that include solo albums like Down There or Person Pitch, or just the main AnCo stuff?
>>
>>65089023
it's lysf not lyfs you bumbio
>>
>>65088882
cringe, these are drug users
>>
>>65088917
I forgot to mention to not even fucking bother with Centipede and PW
>>
>>65089077
let me ask you a question, have you ever experienced depression or other form of mental illness that was formally treated?
>>
Feels, Sung Tongs, and Strawberry Jam. Probably in that order.
>>
>>65089060
Listen to the solo stuff in regular chronological order.
>>
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD START WITH STRAWBERRY JAM
>>
>>65089077
let me ask you another question, do you have any conception of what the "rabbit hole" refers to or what it could possibly mean?
>>
>>65088796
I used to rent a room above an ice cream store in a popular beach in Lisbon during the summer listening to MPP everyday. Right across the store there were outdoor showers and changing rooms and I can't even begin to tell you how hot and happy some of the girls I saw were. Every evening I would go on the rooftop to watch the sunset and play 8-ball at the bar.
I guess if you can recreate that kind of experience then you should do it, 'cause if that doesn't get you into AnCo then nothing will.
>>
>>65089077
my third question is two part:

1. why would braces or glasses, "objects" meant to remedy or enhance the function of a physical body, differ from a chemical which is also physical, and also works to enhance or change another physical object? (the brain)

2. What is your opinion on the psychological concept of "imprinting" and how can this relate to sensory effects on the plastic brain of adult humans, if at all?
>>
>>65089287
Nice 9th grade homework you got there.
>>
>>65089326
you want to take a stab? give me maybe an 11th grade answer? I'm all ears
>>
>>65089089
"no"
do put off listening to them though, they shouldn't be a first impression
>>
>>65088928
this is the main reason you should go chronologically from the beginning, OP. plebs never explore outside the four albums /mu/ always pushes and its fucking annoying
>>
>>65089185
>>65089287
>>65089109
t. high schooler
>>
Start with SJ
>>
>>65089472
Which four?

Sung Tongs, MPP, PW & STGSTV?
>>
>>65089509
t. high schooler
>>
>>65089509
so, you're not going to answer either?

what is with this trend of people shitting on questions but for some reason not giving an answer? is it because you don't feel confident in discussing the concepts? you think your criticism might actually be YOU being taught something, if we are to go further?
>>
>>65088851
underrated
>>
>>65088796
You can't. They won't accept a nerd like you into their band
>>
>>65088882
>BUT IF ITZ GOOD MUSIK U DONT NEED ANYTHING HAHA JUST CHILL W/ THE VIBES & ITS GREAT SONGZ NOT EVERYBODY WHO LISTENS TO THEM IS ON DRUGS U DON'T NEED THAT U REALLY DON'T
>>
never
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.