[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/bore is almost completely comprised of extremely dull and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: protestthehero-fortress.jpg (82 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
protestthehero-fortress.jpg
82 KB, 500x496
/mu/bore is almost completely comprised of extremely dull and boring albums that value experimentation, artistic expression and general bullshit over real technical finesse and musical talent

>pic related is far superior to all everything that is embarrassingly consider "/mu/core"
>>
did your mom forget to change your diaper today?
>>
>>65085794
Oh shit a 'your mom' joke? Nice, this is the content I come here for, a truly strong and well articulated counterpoint
>>
>>65085741
It's definitely dope
>>
Fortress is really good for what it is.

Sometimes Walker's vocals get alarmingly close to bad metalcore vocals but it all works
>>
File: 1460929611773.gif (373 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460929611773.gif
373 KB, 500x375
>>65085741
>technical finesse should be valued over artistic expression
>>
I always liked Kezia more t b h
>>
>>65085855
actually, that's not technically a 'your mom' joke. just because it involves your mom it doesn't mean it's that type of joke. sorry man
>>
technical music can only ever be technically good you shitter
>>
>>65086010
obviously lol technical music is, literally, undeniably impressive

art is subjective - people like Captain Beefheart can go jerk off in the woods for god knows how long and come back with an "album" that people praise for its ingenuity hah give me a break
>>
>>65086050
>only technically

Like only logically and irrefutably without being masqueraded by shallow artistic expression? Hm, guess you're right
>>
>>65085741
>TMR
>American Football
>not technically impressive
Protest the Hero are great, but they're an exception in the techincal stuff. Most of it is self-indulgent wankery.
>>
>>65086129
hah
>>
>>65086196
trout mask replica is just an attempt at a free jazz wank
>>
>>65085741
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
>>
>>65086271
that's an extremely simple minded way to see it
>>
>>65086639
oh really its a simple minded way to see it? please elaborate on the technical nuances of TMR (but, you know, i won't actually believe its your own opinion. the only reason that album, and all of mucore, is a thing is because other people tell you its good)
>>
>>65085741
stop caring about what other people on this board want to listen to and join the already existing pth thread

>>65086010
actually they are probably one of the best examples of tech metal that still has a lot of emotion
>>
Fortress is meant for stoned 16 years to play Call of Duty 4 to

source: me in 2008 (god I'm still doing that shit though)
>>
Man...I'm the biggest Protest the Hero fan ever but you are really painting fans of this band in a bad light. I don't know what to say to get you to see that people love experimentation because, when done right, is a pure unfiltered representation of the artist's thought process.
>>
>>65086783
what an incredibly over-generalized, unspecific claim

>>65086788
The PTH fan base must be utter garbage if one shit poster on /mu/ is soiling their name with one, insignificant thread
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.