[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Albums that double as excellent litmus tests for plebs.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: morphine good.jpg (257 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
morphine good.jpg
257 KB, 1000x1000
ITT: Albums that double as excellent litmus tests for plebs.

>Pic related
Anyone who dislikes morphine has never played an instrument or understood music theory.
>>
>He uses "Pleb" + "Patrician" un-ironically
>He thinks music is objective
>He makes sweeping generalizations on people who disagree with his opinions
>He's now going to claim this thread was a b8 thread

xDDDD Lol u got trolled!11
>>
>>65085125
>I feel offended because I'm comparably ignorant about music

I'm sorry I hurt you
>>
>>65085125
fuck off tripfag
>>
>>65085125
This, they always cave in and claim troll.
>>
>>65085071
I've definitely noticed a lot of people on here don't seem to care much for Morphine despite their tremendous fucking talent.

It's the kind of band that I've always said if you don't appreciate their talent it's most likely because you've never tried to write a good song in your life.
>>
File: OP.png (39 KB, 766x1284) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
39 KB, 766x1284
>>65085150
>>
>>65085193
i don't know shit about playing music but i love morphine
>>
>>65085214
Not even him, but when you argue against use of meme terminology and then retort with a meme yourself it don't do you many favours. Good luck being taken seriously, secure tripfag.
>>
i love morphine

but you all take yourselves much too seriously
are you so insecure that the moment someone says they dislike something you like you need to go into a tirade of personal attacks?
>>
>>65085214
works equally well for TMR
>>
>>65085214
But it's true
>>
>>65085071
>>65085071
>if you don't like Morphine you don't get music

Frig off
>>
>>65086452
Oh my god every time I see you on this board it just makes me want wish you would die
>>
>>65085125
>>65085324
>>65086452
its trip heaven right now
>>65085071
you got your opinion from the scruffi review, if not tell me more about why morphine is good
>>
>>65085071
>saxophone 10 years
>guitar 6 years
>drums 8 years
>dabble on piano and bass
>studied theory via jazz and classical performance teachers
The album sounds like a bunch of blues chord progressions and pentatonic melodies to me. I call bullshit.
>>
>>65088038
>making up complicated words to sound culturated

stop lying you sad piece of shit
>>
>>65088065
>complicated words
>culturated
Holy shit we got a full blown retard here.
>>
>>65085071
are they called morphine, because I fall asleep listening to them, cunt?
>>
>>65085193
I absolutely love Morphine, but I'm glad they're rarely discussed on /mu/.

It's the last band I would want to see fall victim to memes.
>>
>>65088113
That's almost exactly what my dad said when I showed him a few of their songs. Except for the part about the "cunt" of course.
>>
>>65085071
they sound like rhcp with saxophone extremely overrated
>>
>>65088183
he wouldn't dare call his wife's son a cunt
>>
>>65088065
The first track only switches between 2 chords, D and G, which would be a I-IV progression, given that the song is in the key of D. The vocal melodies stay within the D blues scale. The saxophones sometimes play the perfect 4th of the G chord in their harmonies, which sometimes is played over the D chord to effect the mixolydian mode, but it seems the musicians didn't intend to do this.
Honestly, I doubt the musicians know much theory, if any. Seems you don't either.
>>
>Anyone who dislikes what I like has never played an instrument or understood music theory
what a meme
>>
>>65086452
To be fair you're just as bad for making sweeping generalizations on people who disagree with your opinions.

>If you don't like ... you're a poseur.
>>
>>65085071
>Morphine
>Good
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.