[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Shook Ones part 2 the single greatest hip-hop song of all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Is Shook Ones part 2 the single greatest hip-hop song of all time? I truly think it is.
>>
>>65079486
you mean those guys who got slapped around by everyone until they were irrelevant?
>>
But All of the Lights exists, anon
>>
>>65079486
Its got one of the best instrumentals imo
>>
I prefer survival of the fittest from the same album

both are decent calls though, the piano lines are fucking genius. my favorite hip hop song of all time though is probably electric relaxation by a tribe called quest.
>>
It's a good song but greatest hip hop song of all time is a big stretch.

It's not even one of the most relevant songs in the history of the genre.
>>
>>65079635
desu its an opinion.
'Best of all time' has no fixed definition, unless you are talking about shit like 'Most influential' or 'Most Popular'. but I dont think he meant that
>>
>>65079635

Not relevant? It's one of the most sampled hip-hop songs of all time. That pitched horn or whatever that sound is, is iconic. The song just got everything, an incredible beat, good lyrics, good flow and not to mention a surprisingly catchy hook.
>>
>>65079486
I think The Start of Your Ending is their best song and ultimately a top 5 song in hip-hop history. The Infamous is one of the absolute best albums in the genre and is nearly perfect, and I don't say that about ANY album, especially rap.
>>65079635
Shook Ones PT. II is still played at every freestyle cypher, and it's on NBA 2K almost every year. It's still very popular and one of the most popular songs of the 90s for rap
>>
It's definitely up there. It's also the most brilliant use of a sample I can think of. The dark/minimalist style Havoc has on The Infamous is iconic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBikBBDeBM
>>
>>65079486
Yes, however I posted it in the "best hip hop song you've ever heard" a few days ago and not a single person seconded my opinion.
>>
>>65079486
It's definetely up there, one of my all time favorites

other contenders are IMHO:

>Organized Konfusion - Stress
>Nas - NY State of Mind
>Gang Starr - Moment of Truth
>Pete Rock & CLS - T.R.O.Y.
>Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck
>Cannibal Ox - Iron Galaxy
>Public Enemy - Bring The Noise
>>
>>65083782
good taste, m8
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.