[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have that one album you can't get over /mu/? One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: ICLIH.jpg (76 KB, 770x770) Image search: [Google]
ICLIH.jpg
76 KB, 770x770
Do you have that one album you can't get over /mu/? One that stops you from getting into the rest of an artist's discog?

I've heard most of Low's other stuff and I don't even think it's bad or anything, but whenever I'm in the mood to listen to them this is the one I always reach for. Anyone else know this feel?
>>
File: R-1922372-1299575438.jpeg.jpg (36 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
R-1922372-1299575438.jpeg.jpg
36 KB, 280x280
This. Wish they're other albums were as industrial and gritty as this one
>>
I know exactly what you mean but I can't for the life of me think of an artist like that for me. Maybe Nas. Whenever I feel like listening to him I usually just put on Illmatic despite liking quite a few of his albums.

Have you heard these guys, by the way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWEJpvouSx8
>>
File: Garden Of Delete.jpg (1 MB, 3543x3543) Image search: [Google]
Garden Of Delete.jpg
1 MB, 3543x3543
All the other albums I tried just feel so incomplete compared, this album goes everywhere
>>
>>65079033
thats honestly his worst album though
>>
>>65079137
keep telling yourself that
>>
>>65078578
I hadn't. That was really nice, thanks anon
>>
>>65078296
Pet Sounds
>>
>>65078296
Even within that album there is "Words" which is just so ridiculously perfect it sort of sets a standard the rest of the album can't live up to even though it's by far Low's best record.
>>
>>65082167
Words is amazing, but I would say Lullaby just edges it out as their best.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 400x400
>>
File: low--things-we-lost-in-the-fire.jpg (344 KB, 693x692) Image search: [Google]
low--things-we-lost-in-the-fire.jpg
344 KB, 693x692
>>65082232
I love Lullaby, but I think the big instrumental finish to it clashes a bit with the mood of the album as a whole. It would've fit better on a later album where they were allowing a little more varied instrumentation into their songs, like Secret Name or Things We Lost in the Fire for example.
>>
File: dodos.jpg (45 KB, 495x488) Image search: [Google]
dodos.jpg
45 KB, 495x488
I haven't even listened to their last two albums because pic related and Visiter were so good I don't think they can maintain that level of musicianship.
>>
>>65082301
It certainly stands out, but I wouldn't say it clashes... I like the release of tension it provides, kinda splits the album into 2 distinct halves.
>>
File: mayhem.jpg (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mayhem.jpg
50 KB, 500x500
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.