[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this his last good album? https://www.youtube.com/watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 91weL8oSxsL._SL1500_.jpg (250 KB, 1500x1486) Image search: [Google]
91weL8oSxsL._SL1500_.jpg
250 KB, 1500x1486
Was this his last good album?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ9_TKayu9s
>>
anyone? c'mon /mu/
>>
Yep, he has his moments since but this was his last great album.
>>
it was his last good album and his first bad album
>>
>>65073467
>he has his moments since

Like Not Afraid?

Personally I thought Rap God was awful.
>>
>>65073593
interesting way to put it. i agree
>>
>>65073604
Not even whole songs, just word play and rhymes. I'm not a fan of Not afraid, toy soldiers type songs.
>>
>>65073262
I think mmlp2 is good.
>>
>>65073747
u r wrong
>>
>>65073262
>Was this his last good album?
Yes.

Also, in my opinion, his best.

It really is a shame how things went. The Eminem Show was his first album where he seriously took on serious themes and wasn't fucking up the presentation of his views with goofy shit. He actually made some good points and handled serious topics well and thoughtfully.

And then his next album happened and he basically became a mental infant calling people doodoo heads and shit

If Em died after TES, and before Encore, there'd be a valid argument to be made for him to be the greatest rapper of all time.

Encore is by far my least favorite album from him.
>>
>>65073822
n u
>>
Relapse is amazing as a concept album and a deranged therapy session
>>
>>65073593
best way to put it
>>
>>65073593
Elaborate?
>>
>>65073843
>Making points and talking about 101 level politics is an achievement
>>
File: 1457254637462.jpg (55 KB, 472x620) Image search: [Google]
1457254637462.jpg
55 KB, 472x620
>>65073946
That's not what I said, but yeah, I agree with that given some context.

Eminem (at least, SSLP-MMLP) Eminem was focused on making fun, goofy music. Younger audiences loved it, older (read: conservative white americans) were ridiculously pissed off by it, and the hip hop community was kind of left scratching their collective heads from it.

On one hand, you have a rapper who's just describing ridiculous edgy and silly shit (don't feel like I need to provide examples of this, should be evident) with no real message. On the other hand, the way it's being delivered is fantastic and the dumb shit he's saying is written pretty well, and when he does get serious, even momentarily, and you can see the human behind the rhymes it becomes even clearer how talented he is.

So when he jumped ship from goofy shit to serious topics and acknowledging the world's perception of him, it became immediately clear to most people who still hadn't figured him out that he was a very, very talented rapper.

It's not so much an achievement as it was a way for him to demonstrate how good his work can be when he's taking shit seriously and not being a jackass just for the sake of being a jackass. Plus, it gave him something to talk about that he was passionate about, which helped create some great, emotional music.

Sorry for the poor phrasing. I know you're just shitposting but I just felt like writing this anyways.
>>
>>65073262
His last great album IMO. I liked Encore and Relapse but they had their shit songs, Recovery was god awful, MMLP2 was meh.>>65073262
>>
>>65074262
(Don't know how that second post number got their, oh well)
>>
>>65073893
What i meant is that it was hit or miss. Half of the album felt like a good progression from MMLP, the other half was the start of neo-eminem. The drugs were starting to catch up to him at this point.
>>
>>65073262
He was never good.
>>
>>65073262
i enjoyed encore and relapse
>>
>>65074382
>>65074262
im that guy and this nigga knows whats up. im the other guy not that guy
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.