[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Headset question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 41rxL6EP3YL.jpg (25 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
41rxL6EP3YL.jpg
25 KB, 400x500
So, I want to buy a new headset for gaming purpose. One of my friends recommended me the Plantronics Rig 500HD, he says they are very comfortable and are very good. I saw there is a Plantronics Rig 500E headset and it is a bit more expensive and my friend said it is not worth paying more for the 500E.

I usually go each year to a gaming convention, where everyone is shouting and I don't have good headsets so I end up hearing the people instead of the game.

My question is, is it worth buying the 500E or the 500HD are enough? I am open to hear about other headsets, but USB connection and comfortability is a must, I have a steelseries 5H v2 and I cannot wear them more than an hour without the part of my ears getting hurt.
>>
>>65072960

>So, I want to buy a new headset for gaming purpose

So you absolutely need the mic then? If so you should be taking this thread to /v/. If you don't need the mic avoid gaming headsets like the plague.
>>
>>65072960
really, why not just buy a pair of good isolating headphones, and then use an external mic?
>>
>>65072960
>a new headset for gaming purpose
stopped reading there
>>
>letting "gaming headset" brands fuck you
just wear some of those fucking huge earmuffs they have at csgo tournaments
>>
>>65073005
on this note i've heard good things about the zalman clip-on
>>
>>65073029
also you say that you want to hear the game, not people. do you play a non-competitive/solo game where there's no comms? cause if that's the case why do you need a mic?
>>
>>65072990
Well, yes, mic is needed, I'll move this threat to /v then, I didn't know it had to go there.
>>
>>65073046

Clip-on is a good idea.

Buy a decent pair of headphones specifically designed for music and get a clip-on mic for when you are gaming. When you aren't gaming then you take the mic off and you have good listening cans. Easy.

Don't buy "gaming headphones". That shit is for clueless rubes. Be smarter than that, OP.
>>
>>65073080
see:
>>65073081

/v/ are fucking plebs anyway they won't help you any. Don't get rubephones, mate.
>>
Better go to /g/
And not buy a fucking gaming headset.
Buy a good set of headphone and mic and you're golden.
>>
Ok, so then, can you recommend me some good headset? But I do not want to pay a lot for them
>>
>>65073147
ath-m50x, ath-ad500x, ath-ad700x, sennheiser hd598 are all great and reasonably affordable
>>
>>65073173
oh actually you should get closed back if you're wanting sound isolation
>>
>>65073187
yes, I want sound isolation and I do not know anything about headphones and how to buy them. I usually ask some friends and they recommend some, but I wanted something to play, listen to music and watch films/series. Should I be looking for a 7.1 headset? I know I have some films/series on 5.1 and 7.1, but i do not know if it is worth paying for it
>>
>>65073072
I meant hearing the people that are sitting next to me but I'm not playing with them. I play with friends on co-op, but on that convention there is a lot of people shouting that i do not want to hear, because if i hear them, i don't hear my teammates
>>
>>65073081
HyperX Cloud are one of the most popular gaming headsets and are good value for money, mic is also removable for normal music use. They're made from Takstar Pro's which are aren't a bad set of headphones on their own
>>
MODMIC
>>
>>65072960
Good headphones and a modmic
>>
>>65073520
>>65074379
not op but i was looking into this too. better be worth it cus that thing is expensive.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.