[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone rank outlast albums for me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: outkast.jpg (89 KB, 645x350) Image search: [Google]
outkast.jpg
89 KB, 645x350
Someone rank outlast albums for me
>>
>>65066983
Excuse the autocorrect. I meant OutKast.
>>
ATLiens > Aquemini >> Southernplayalisticadillacmusik > Speakerboxx/The Love Below > Stankonia
>>
>>65066983
Everyone is going to have a different answer, so just listen to them chronologically. It's the best way to see how they change and grow as artists.
>>
just listen to stankonia
>>
Atliens
Aquemini
Stankonia
Speakerboxx/The Love Below
Southernplayalisticcadillacmuzik
Idlewild
>>
>>65067015
I agree with this. Also if you don't like one of their albums just come back to it later instead of forcing it. Though it may take multiple listens to click. People say Idlewild is bad but I think its great and well worth checking out.
>>
>>65067015
this is the best way to do it. there are only five albums, so it's not hard.
>>
>>65067042
Yeah. And different OutKast albums are better for different settings. Am I driving around in the summer? Then I gotta go Southernplayalistic

Having a party? Stankonia or Speakerboxxx

High and chillin'? ATLiens or Aquemini

With a lady friend? Love Below
>>
>>65067021
this is the worst possible advice and is coming from an embryo who loves Pitchfork
>>
>>65067042
This is the best way to listen to OutKast initially, if you have never heard any of their albums all the way through. But to really fall in love with their music, you need to go according to mood and previous tastes on that second listen.

Like, if you want to like OutKast because you like lyrics, listen to Aquemini sober, and ATLiens high.

If you like experimental shit, Aquemini is good when you're at home or driving at night, but Stankonia is good to blast with the windows down in the middle of summer.

On the other hand, if you aren't into hip-hop, I've found most of my friends who like OutKast get into their later stuff, while you really have to be a head to understand why Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik is genius.

At the end of the day, though, everyone has a different favorite OutKast album, and the only way you can pick it out is by listen to all of them and finding which one fits your tastes more, because they're all completely different.
>>
>>65067061
This is a good point anon

Love Below is way underrated and pretty universally appealling
>>
>>65066983
Aquemini>ATLiens> Southernplayalistic> Stankonia>SB&TLB
>>
ATLiens > Aquemini > Southernplayalisticcadillacmuzik > Stankonia > SB/TLB > Idlewild

Even Idlewild has fairly good tracks but they went through a pretty obvious progression of gradually getting more adventurous but then letting that adventurousness devolve into pointless experiments
>>
>>65067021
Not as a starter, that's not even in the top 3 Outkast albums...
>>
>>65067015
>>65067042
>>65067061
>>65067085
https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/1umia4/can_someone_rank_outkasts_albums_for_me/
>>
File: billtedWHOA.gif (467 KB, 300x150) Image search: [Google]
billtedWHOA.gif
467 KB, 300x150
>>65067131
>>
>>65067131
What the fuck?
>>
>>65067131
>samefag redditor confirmed
>>
>>65067131

Whoa how autisitic do you have to be to do this

fuck is wrong with having your own opinion
>>
File: 1437543978226.gif (36 KB, 170x200) Image search: [Google]
1437543978226.gif
36 KB, 170x200
>>65067131

What the fuck?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.