[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips for an EDM/Dubstep Beginner?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: Sequencer 5_21_2016 10_34_50 PM.png (60 KB, 1920x1048) Image search: [Google]
Sequencer 5_21_2016 10_34_50 PM.png
60 KB, 1920x1048
So, I just started workin' on my first edm song (i'm thinking about holding off until i feel like i understand edm well enough before i attempt dubstep) and decided to download sound effects and loops and junk like that.... and then decided i didn't wanna use royalty free stuff, I just wanted my song to be my song from start to finish. I know, I'm a glutton for punishment. So what? This has been my life. Anyways, does anyone have any tips and tricks for an edm newcomer?
>>
>dubstep
is it 2007 again?
>>
By the way, the picture has no real significance in this topic. I just decided to use that as a placeholder.
>>
nah i'm just old-school. and apparently it's still all the rage :/
>>
stop making this bland overdone trash
>>
>>65066044
Iook for more modern music but still keep the vibe of your sounds, like trap music.
>>
>>65066044
step 1. pirate sylenth1
step 2. dick with it
step 3. have fun
step 4. profit
>>
>>65066879
thanks, i was thinkin' about makin' my own kinda thing (being the reason why i wanted to make my own sound effects and such). tho using free and open-source programs generally aren't easy to use. er... more like not user friendly, cuz they are useable.
>>
If you really want to make good profit, incorporate actual instruments into your trap mix or whatever mix you trying trying to develop
>>
>>65066988
hahaha i like your idea but i checked the torrent site i usually use and couldnt find a trustable source
>>
>>65067050
hm i see, well i have a keyboard (music keyboard for those who are gonna make that joke >.>) and a wonky electric guitar (something is wrong with the output)
>>
>>65067093
OP, you're actually off to a good start, I've actually seen an artist recently that has literally made a trap music out of smacking his girl's ass
>>
>>65067301
ahahaha brilliant! a good artist finds any and every way to make good music ;) hahaha
>>
>>65067093
Out of curiosity, whats the name of the guitar and keyboard
>>
>>65067348
it's some starter stuff. we got the guitar and amp offa dude who hadn't used it in years and the keyboard i got some..6-7+ years ago. it's a casio keyboard. can't remember off the top of my head. and it's near midnight so i'd rather not be poking around the house right now (my dogs will start barking)
>>
File: dammsonwhereyoufindthis.jpg (145 KB, 760x500) Image search: [Google]
dammsonwhereyoufindthis.jpg
145 KB, 760x500
>>65067384
Casio hmmm. me likey.
>>
>>65067425
casio ctk... something...
>>
>>65067384
What kind of music do you play or compose on your piano and guitar.
>>
>>65066044
Go bed Skrillets
>>
>>65066094
At that time it would have been acceptable usually around from 2010 to 2012 now it's pretty much gone , even Skrillex has changed his vibe
>>
>>65066044
Here's my tip : EDM is for dancing, not for listening. If you aren't a DJ, then either go to raves or look for music meant for listening at home.
>>
File: 275-peering_over_glasses2.jpg (50 KB, 272x321) Image search: [Google]
275-peering_over_glasses2.jpg
50 KB, 272x321
From what I see from both OP and anons here.
OP:
>Uses EDM
>Wants to create dubstep from purely that program
What anons wants:
>use any other software or EDM
>Change dub to trap
>add real instruments to the mix(strongly agree with that)

If you really want to show yourself in terms of music. Make a proto mix of the sounds and beats your currently using and post that on a new thread. We got you on your equipment. Now I want to help on your music layout. Just keep in mind to make your post short and sweet.
>>
>>65067384
if you had casio instruments from around the 80's you can pull it off making some vaporwave.
>>
>>65066044
just make sadboys weeaboo future bass trap dubstep like Slippy and Mihka over here mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PM98IHH0rfE
>>
wow that's been quite a bit of support. thanks for all the replies. I think i've got an idea now.
>>
>>65068386
np op, what's your next plan
>>
>>65068429
well i'm poking around a bit on sylenth and testing/editing a few loops. dern that moment when you realize u havent moved at all for so long that everything hurts holy crap. anyways, so i plan to work on this on my free time as i will be very busy during this week. And i should get some proper sleep as it is now 1am and i need to get up in 7 hours haha... oh busy days...
>>
File: bubblekrum.png (17 KB, 124x111) Image search: [Google]
bubblekrum.png
17 KB, 124x111
>>65069021
Gets some sleep OP. We need your brain on full power to make dank music.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.