[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can one man be so based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1439488223140.jpg (23 KB, 604x388) Image search: [Google]
1439488223140.jpg
23 KB, 604x388
How can one man be so based
>>
Will he ever make another album? It wouldn't surprise me if he decided to retire.
>>
>>65064757

His son is dead and misery drives his work, he'll make another
>>
>>65064757
He still chokes when the death of his father gets brought up, and that was 40 years ago.
>>
>>65064805
this, though he'll probably struggle to not make it seem exploitative if he addresses it directly, regardless of intention
>>
>>65064805
>misery drives his work
not for two decades now
>>
>>65064805
This... I'm morbidly curious to see what he creates after that...
>>
>>65065155
well he certainly won't make a song called "it's a wonderful life" now
which sucks, I wanted 50 more albums like that to carry me into senility, I don't need more edgy nick cave in my life but I can just eat up 00s nick cave forever
>>
>>65064700
I started with let love in and thought it was fantastic. Best song was definitely lay me low imo. What should I listen to next guys?
>>
>>65065196
Cave has made like two subpar albums across his entire career, across all the bands he's been involved with. You can pick literally anything at random and chances are it's going to be great.
That said, I recommend Herny's Dream. Loom Of The Land is beyond anything.
>>
>>65065196
the good son and henry's dream
then go into the later masterpieces like lyre of orpheus and no more shall we part
but also take a taste of his earlier days, tender prey and your funeral my trial, maybe go as far back as birthday party if you're into it
you'll most likely like everything he's done because he's amazing
>>
I want to like Nick Cave due to his involvement with Current 93 but I find both his music and everything about him to be incredibly boring. I've tried to be interested in it, but I'm just not, unfortunately.
>>
>>65065279
that's ok faggot, stick to radiohead or w/e people here like
it's not for everyone
>>
>>65065313
I already mentioned that I like Current 93. Radiohead bores me much more than Nick Cave does, with the sole exception of OK Computer.
>>
>>65065341
ok w/e maybe try listening to an entire album
his most well known songs are literally his worst, he has a couple "filler", mostly in the earlier albums but even those pass along fine as part of the package
tracks like into my arms, red right hand, wild rose are always "skip" for me whenever I listen to their respective albums
put on henry's dream or lyre of orpheus and listen to the entire thing, if you don't like it I guess it just doesn't resonate with you and that's fine
>>
>>65065341
Well ok dude
Go back to death grips
>>
>>65065414
The artists you're mentioning are just getting worse. Please, stop before you go too far.

>>65065386
Thanks, I'll check those out after the album I'm listening to is over.
>>
currently listening to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L309BqlxFHk
>>
>>65065341
>with the sole exception of OK Computer
damn I can't believe I glossed over that, I can't believe I tried to reason with and give suggestions to someone who can stomach a radiohead album oh my jolly god oh lordy dordy
>>
the scores he does with warren ellis are the best
>>
>>65065508
It's a good album, buddy.

>>65065386
I'm listening to Lyre of Orpheus and this sounds vastly different from what I've heard by him. I didn't know he made music with actual energy in it. Thanks a lot for the recommendation, I might be able to get into this.
>>
>>65065617
https://mega.nz/#F!dJZXyC7a!BXpQQE0fxlvdEV0HTDN0hQ
>>
>>65065764
Thanks, but I can just get the FLAC on What.CD.
>>
guy needs to get back on the junk and make some gud music!
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.