[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is AOTY.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: R-8246341-1457997616-7831.jpeg.jpg (46 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
R-8246341-1457997616-7831.jpeg.jpg
46 KB, 600x600
This is AOTY.
>>
why
>>
not even best noise, not even best death industrial, not even best dark ambient
>>
not even the best viral marketing
>>
>>65059861
>best noise

What is?

>best death industrial

What is?

>best dark ambient

What is?

>>65059886
Why would one of the most well-known and acclaimed young experimental labels need to market themselves on 4chan?
>>
>>65059861
>not even best noise
it is until you post something better

post something better then

dare you
>>
I haven't listened to a lot of noise this year but the following releases do way better in those genres in comparison:

>>65059955
>>best noise
Sutcliffe Jügend - Offal
Jason Crumer - Stare at the Devil
both better

>>best death industrial
Genocide Organ - :Obituary of the Americas:
Gnawed - "death evident"
both better

>>best dark ambient
Irezumi - Thirty
The Gerogerigegege - Moenai Hai
both better

and I have still a bunch in my backlog
>>
Sorry but women have a really poor track record in this kind of music.
>>
I once heard she steals other peoples recording equipment can anyone confirm?
>>
>>65060228
varg here. can confirm. i keep my contact mic locked in a safe because of her.
>>
>>65060123
>Sutcliffe Jügend - Offal

Another mediocre offering from SJ. Those guys haven't done anything worth shit since The Fall Of Nature and End Of Autumn.

>Jason Crumer - Stare at the Devil

This was pretty fantastic, yeah.

>Genocide Organ - :Obituary of the Americas:

As was this.

>Gnawed - "death evident"

Unless this guy has totally reinvented himself on this thing, I highly doubt it. Everything I've heard from Gnawed so far has been one death industrial cliche piled upon another.

>Irezumi - Thirty

Didn't hear this, can't comment.

>The Gerogerigegege - Moenai Hai

This was a piece of shit. Yamanouchi should not allow himself any pretensions of being capable of making "serious art", his track record with that type of shit is abysmal.

>>65060184
Have you actually heard anything by Puce Mary? She's probably the most skilled young industrial/noise artist around, both as far as compositional skill and personal vision go. There's a reason why she played an INA-GRM live showcase a few months back.
>>
>>65060335
>Those guys haven't done anything worth shit since The Fall Of Nature and End Of Autumn.

Also worth pointing out, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why End Of Autumn was as good as it was had more to do with Prurient than with SJ.

>>65060279
I would actually not be surprised at all if Varg was a /mu/ shitposter.
>>
>>65060335
>This was a piece of shit. Yamanouchi should not allow himself any pretensions of being capable of making "serious art", his track record with that type of shit is abysmal.
not the person you're replying to but you need to kill yourself for the rest of the world's sake
>>
>>65060335
I agree that all my picks are arguable but how that SJ album is "mediocre" is beyond me. For me it's the ideal interpretation of power electronics and I don't recall any recent artist doing it in this pummeling manner. Consumer Electronics come close but their sound-design is very different. Maybe it's just not your kind of noise?
>>
>>65060402
I know singing praise of shitty Gerogerigegege albums(while ultimately focusing far more on the band and Yamanouchi's backstory and mythology than the actual music itself) is all the rage with RYM avant-teens but don't get it fucked up, The Gerogerigegege is not a good band, nor a band that's bad in the way that they're trying to be. Most of the time they're just shit, and the new album falls into that category.
>>
>>65060510
I agree with everything you said except the part where you said the new album is shit.

I'm going to leave now because I have a semi and want to jerk off, I might be back later but i'll forget about this thread and this conversation so don't bother replying.
>>
>>65060546
wait

what are you gonna jerk to?
>>
>>65060603
i dont know yet. probably creampie or PAWG videos
>>
>>65060647
>probably creampie or PAWG videos
nice taste, anon. i'd recommend something but PAWG is one of those genres that's debased and ambiguous with tumblr and chubbies trying to redefine everything

feel free to report back with who you fapped to and how good it was. godspeed
>>
File: 1457638682736.jpg (390 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
1457638682736.jpg
390 KB, 1632x1224
>Ctrl-F
>No gensho
>mfw
>>
>>65060467
I mean it's not a terrible album, but it doesn't feel like a thing that absolutely had to exist either. For me SJ came to a logical conclusion with End Of Autumn and the two albums they did for Hospital(and if you called This Is The Truth an ideal interpretation of power electronics I'd agree 100%) in the 2000s, everything after that has felt pretty inessential.

>I don't recall any recent artist doing it in this pummeling manner.

Iron Fist Of The Sun, FFH, Prurient and Kevlar have all delivered material this year that blows the SJ albums out of the water in every respect.

>>65060603
I'd like to know this as well to be quite honest.
>>
>>65060743
Alright, it's true, Offal doesn't sound essential but I still enjoy it a lot, I give you that.

>Iron Fist Of The Sun
You mean that limited tape release? Didn't grab that, I hope it's on slsk?
>FFH
didn't do it for me
>Prurient
I prefer him as label-owner not as an artist, esp. "Unknown Rains" doesn't do it for me although I recognize its quality
>Kevlar
on which label did he release, totally missed that
>>
its hot stuff
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.