[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Pitchfork give this album 1.9? Why doesn't Pitchfork
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg (93 KB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
Tool_-_Lateralus.jpg
93 KB, 400x355
Why did Pitchfork give this album 1.9?

Why doesn't Pitchfork like the Tool?
>>
because king crimson influenced nu-metal is never a good idea
>>
>>65051713

>1.9

Why can't they just round off to 2?
>>
>>65051732
>nu-metal
More like grunge
>>
The only thing I can say about this is that at least this was during the days when pitchfork was skewed by snobbery and hipstersdom, as opposed to black/ female/ trap score curvature.
>>
>>65051732
Except in this case it literally was. It's one of the best prog albums of the 21st century, second only to everything Magma have released in the last 15 years.
>>
>>65051775
more like sludge
>>
If that came out today and Maynard was black, it'd get 9.2 BNM

Pitchfork is trash and everybody knows it
>>
>>65051713
p4k is a bunch of hipsters
do you really think they'd like tool?

they're the kind of people that think technical ability makes music inherently bad
>>
>>65051713
because pitchfork is fucking trash

lateralus is one of the best albums of the 21st century. definitely top 5 metal. panopticon is for sure better though...
>>
>>65051713
Don't worry anon! That's about to change: http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/05/19/rocker-maynard-james-keenan-compares-donald-trump-hitler/
>>
File: 00mosley1.jpg (12 KB, 336x401) Image search: [Google]
00mosley1.jpg
12 KB, 336x401
>lateralus is one of the best albums of the 21st century.
>>
>>65051868
more like bluegrass
>>
>>65052036
And?

also

>breitbart
are you fucking 15? do you get on reddit and complain about sjws 24/7?
>>
>>65051818
The Mars Volta and porcupine tree released better albums. Even coheed and Cambria released a better album
>>
>>65051775
>>65051868
>>65052053
more like garbage am i right
>>
>>65052097
>mars volta
They're just a post-hardcore prog version of Wolfmother

>Porcupine Tree
If you're talking about the metal album it's pretty much exactly the same thing

>coheed
lol
>>
>metal
>>
>>65052083
>breitbart
This was the first link on google

> And?

See Grimes, Antony Hegarty
>>
When's the new album out?
>>
>>65051732
That sounds pretty cool actually.
>>
>>65052097
which coheed album are you talking about?
>>
>They're just a post-hardcore prog version of Wolfmother
triggered
>>
>>65051713
i hate p4k but this album is fucking TRASH, bitch about tmv being rated poorly because that's actually good stuff
>>
>>65052036
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
>>65051713

Because Tool is gay and faggot
>>
>>65051713
Not black enough or not enough old-timey instruments played by geeky nu males.
>>
File: quality journalism.jpg (23 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
quality journalism.jpg
23 KB, 512x512
>>65054133

> artist is popular among normies
score - 3.0

> artist is "indie"
Gets a review

> artist is from US
score + 2.0

> artist is from NYC
score x1.5

> artist is from Brooklyn
score x2

> artist is black
Position in this year's end list

> artist wants to "empower" blacks/women, talks about white/male privilege
BNM

> artist is transsexual
At least 9.0 + BNM
>>
File: 1463279268359.jpg (499 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
1463279268359.jpg
499 KB, 1280x1707
>>65051818
>Magma

Put your fucking trip back on proge
>>
I'm genuinely curious why people dislike them though. The lyrics might be shit, but you can't deny there's a lot of musicality in the band's playing.
>>
It was that guy who reviewed Kid A. He was a little nuts and childish
>>
>>65054253
>artist is transsexual
>At least 9.0 + BNM

Elysia Crampton got an 8.x no BNM
>>
>>65052097
>Coheed releasing anything better than Lateralus

I actually like Coheed and this isn't true. In Keeping Secrets is maybe better than Untertow.
>>
Reminder
>>
>>65055214
What a coincidence—he also gave NYC Ghosts and Flowers 0.0.
>>
>>65055365
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/7342-nyc-ghosts-flowers/

>We Chicagoans are stubbornly proud. We shout insults to New York with mouths full of all-beef hot dogs and Old Style beer. This general resentment mostly stems from being dubbed "The Second City." However, landmarks like NYC Ghosts & Flowers refocus our dislike with greater alacrity. Sonic Youth's umpteenth album wads everything we hate about New York into one convenient tissue. The only thing missing is the Mets. Sonic Youth remind us that white New Yorkers still grow soul-patches and goatees, wear berets and Rastafarian caps, dine on grilled tofu in an emulsification of goat butter and kumquat, and watch Dutch documentaries about fisting, thinking it's original, intellectual, or influential.
>>
>>65055483
>watch Dutch documentaries about fisting
Found some new interests for my facebook profile
>>
>>65055555
I am fully enjoying your gets
>>
Not sure who's more narrow minded and obnoxious, the people who really like Tool, or the people who really really hate Tool. They're a fun band, Aenima was genuinely funny, stop taking their Palahniuk-tier philosophy so seriously.
>>
>>65055483
in 2013 he said in an interview
>I now love the record. It's unlike anything else; eerie and beautiful. [...] No, the lesson here is: beware the opinions of a kid right out of college.
>>
>>65055483
In an interview he said
>I now love the record. It's unlike anything else; eerie and beautiful. [...] No, the lesson here is: beware the opinions of a kid right out of college.
>>
>>65055555
Fisting best fetish quints confirm
>>
>>65055179
If /mu/ doesn't like an artist's fanbase then they are the worst artist ever without question
>>
>>65055179
I went through a phase in my teens where I dismissed them because they weren't "muh indie" or Radiohead or too "edgy". I've learned to appreciate their musicianship and even like Maynard's side projects like APC and Puscifer. Some of their fanbase can go overboard tho, and I can see that turning some people off.
>>
>>65055792
APC is genuinely bad, they mostly just do slow boring covers and insist on playing them live. At their best, they're just Tool with significantly worse bass and drumming.
>>
>>65055653
>>65055680
>beware the opinions of a kid right out of college
Can we make this new Pitchfork slogan please
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.