[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ how did you like Leviathan's 2015 Scar Sighted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: cover.jpg (579 KB, 750x743) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
579 KB, 750x743
/mu/ how did you like Leviathan's 2015 Scar Sighted?
>>
very very good

/metal/ shits stay out of this thread

if you only listen to metal your opinion doesn't count
>>
>>65051305
>if you have a more objective opinion on a certain genre since you have listened to it more than the regular /mu/ pleb your opinion doesn't count
Ok anon.
>>
hipster trash
>>
i thought it was excellent, definitely in the upper echelon of wrest's work.
probably the most well-rounded album he ever made too. as much as i like leviathan a lot of the time he has trouble with putting together an album that flows well as a whole from start to finish, there's always some empty padding there, always some parts where you're just waiting for it to get from point A to point B and get interesting again.
scar sighted is the most well-made leviathan album in that regard, both in terms of pacing and variety of material. i guess it's down to him working with a legit producer this time around, someone who could step in and point out when he's getting too self-indulgent or repetitive.
massive conspiracy and the lurker of chalice LP are still my go-to wrest records though, as rough around the edges as they get at times.
>>
idk , it was great but it felt like it was trying too hard to be a very dark album
>>
>>65052087
isn't that important though
like it's satanic music for a reason, there's no sense in being moderately satanic
>>
>>65051305
>implying people who browse /metal/ only listen to metal

What's next? /emoe/ only listened to emo and masturbate to anime girls?
Hip Hop general only listens to hip hop?

You're dumb lad
>>
>>65052181
>What's next? /emoe/ only listened to emo and masturbate to anime girls?
uhhh
>>
>>65051242
Batushka was better and that album has a lot of hipster fans.
>>
>>65052190
If you honestly believe most people who post in generals exclusively listen to the genre of the general they browse your fucking dumb.
>>
>>65052230
it's not true for generals like /bleep/ or /hhg/ or most generals, but /emoe/ and /metal/ in particular are dominated by people who listen to nothing else
>>
I've never been much of a Leviathan fan, however I like the early demos, the compilations, and The Tenth Sublevel of Suicide. I didn't really enjoy Scar Sighted at all, which is a bummer since everyone else seems to really like it. It just seemed messy and forgettable.
>>
>>65051242
thatd be some patrician ass album cover art if not for the name faded in to the upper bit
>>
>>65052467
you really have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>65051242
Damn good, keeps me wondering why this or any Leviathan album is hardly ever mentioned in metal threads. In my opinion it's his best works, right after massive conspiracy.
>>
>>65055649
because /metal/ hates anything new that's acclaimed by non-metal publications so if you post about leviathan you are inundated with shitposts

>>65051360
>wrest
>hipster

not in the least
>>
It was pretty good, and it's one of the few albums I've heard in the past few years that actually causes a feeling of dread/impending doom without trying too hard.
8/10
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.