[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you grow out of last.fm, scrobbling and all that dreck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 1442930004625.jpg (44 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1442930004625.jpg
44 KB, 375x375
When did you grow out of last.fm, scrobbling and all that dreck?
>>
Last.fm used to be good for finding concerts before the update. Now it just recommends me shit festivals that have nothing to do with what I scrobble.
>>
File: 1463471409431.jpg (53 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
1463471409431.jpg
53 KB, 396x594
implying im not scrobbling right now
>>
not yet
>>
>>65050200
SongKick is great for finding concerts
>>
Who in here has falsified scrobbles? Like leaving computer playing on mute or skipped the rest of the track after 50%? My last.fm is a carefully curated false record
>>
>>65050265

I'm scrobbling on mute rn
>>
>>65050265
Woah bro tricking the feds and the NSA
Coooooool
>>
The only reason I use last.fm is to keep statistics on the music I listen to because I'm interested in that sort of thing. I don't use it for recommendations or w/e the fuck people use it for.
>>
>>65050265
To what end do you do this?
>>
>>65050390
this. I like knowing like when I got really into really an album and when I went off on a band. Though right now I'm listening to a load of artists I normally wouldn't because I'm trying to get eminem out of my top 50.
>>
when I was 17, so almost 7 years ago.
>>
never. its the gayest shit ever.
>>
>>65050531
never started* lol
>>
>>65050179
when it stopped working on my phone and they no longer had a download link on their own fucking website.
>>
>>65050179
When I stopped listening to music. I only collect albums, I don't have the time to listen to them.
>>
>>65050531
by what measurement though, what's the metric for something like that
>>
>>65050179
Never because I have an autistic need to categorise everything
>>
File: lmao.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>65050531

>gayest shit ever
>tripfag
>>
File: tumblr_nhzzy9i8Cb1qdvfaso4_250.gif (898 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhzzy9i8Cb1qdvfaso4_250.gif
898 KB, 250x250
>>65050265
Sometimes my phone doesn't always scrobble things when I'm offline so I'll let an album run on mute when I'm back home.
Sometimes I'll stream a song I've already heard on YouTube just so I can find it again.
>>
2015. the day forced beta rolled out.
Was an easy choice. Would've stayed if we had groups
>>
>>65051702
http://scrobbler.jankuca.com/
>>
Last.fm is good for recommendations but the scrobble shit is terrible. Enjoying usic shouldn't be a cock measuring contest [spoiler] thats what music library sizes are for.
>>
>>65050179
i think like 5 months ago
>>
>>65051724
This, they're not adding anything else now either by the looks of things.
>>
I've been thinking of deleting my account ever since the beta came out
>>
I changed OS at one point in 2011 or something and didn't bother setting up scrobbling software again.
>>
>>65052207
t-they're not? :(
>>
>>65050179
I used to use the site as a sort of memory bank. My memory is notoriously shite, so if I ever had a harddrive die or some similarly horrible accident happen (and it has happened) I could go to last.fm and slowly but surely re-download everything with my library as a guide, as to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. I have never scrobbled in my life because I'm not an attention whore, but I deleted my account after they fucking deleted everyone's fucking library. That was the only point to the site and they fucked it up. Fuck.
>>
mfw i am scrabble
>>
I realised it was pointless because all it ever recommends is more of the same shit, when I want more varied shit

Easier just hunt through genres and take leaps of faith and just try out a bunch of albums instead
>>
>>65050179
I never did :)

I just don't give a shit about tagging anything or if I'm scrobbling anything anymore
>>
I still scrobble just to look at my personal statistics
>>
>>65050179
I don't think it's something you 'grow out' of, you either love it or you don't. I haven't been able to stop since 2006.

Numbers, stats and music, track spotting. All that stuff, I love it, even if they ruined the site.
>>
>>65052901
2007 user here. Stopped when the "update" came. How are you still on there?
>>
>>65052916
I changed my profile to show all text based stats and not the ghastly image variants. I also enabled auto-refresh of my listening now section. Those things combined make it just about tolearble.
>>
>>65050179
I never was into it. I listen mostly to cds anyway so it wouldn't work even if I wanted it to.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.