[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's the based god been up to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 600x400
what's the based god been up to?
>>
It's strange how he's stopped releasing music as frequently as he used to. That was like, his thing. Is he planning something? Creatively blocked?
>>
Did he retire? He only makes like one video a month now and it's been 6 months since the last mixtape
>>
focusing all his energy on cursing KD
>>
I don't know what he does. I doubt he makes any money off of his music (especially since he never releases much anymore, all his latest mixtapes have been mediocre) and doing lectures/concerts probably doesn't net him that much.

I feel bad for him, he has a specific style that's now worthless since post-internet ironic rap has basically become the default. People stole his gimmick and made money with it, now he's pretty much a novelty.
He seems like a nice guy.
>>
>>65043619
I think now his mode is infrequent 4 hour mixtapes, instead of frequent 1 hour mixtapes.
>>
Working on his masterpiece. I heard from an insider it will be the Pet Sounds of the 21st century
>>
I wish he would have put in work and made one genuinely good album/tape to show people he can be a serious rapper if he wants to.
He has legitimately good songs and clever lines but there are only ever 2-3 good songs on his 30+ song mixtapes.
>>
>>65043687
Yeah it's kinda funny how people were hating on him like 6 years ago but now everyone likes ironic internet rap like Lil Yachty because they finally caught up
>>
>>65043841
>I'm Thraxx
>6Kiss
>God's Father
>not among the best rap albums of the last 10 years
>>
>>65043920
>thinking yachty is 'ironic'
Wow man
>>
>>65043990
His meme hair, meatwad voice, and 5 year old late seapunk aesthetic is ironic as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 288x255) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 288x255
>>65043920
>>65044009
>>
>>65043947
I'm revisiting Gods Father now, and man, some of these beats are incredible.

love the Tears for Fears sample on "Fuck Ya Money"
>>
>>65043560
I've seen him post on Vine. Met some crazed middle aged dude and videoed him promoting Lil B and "listen to Lil B music."
>>
File: pepe abstr.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
pepe abstr.png
51 KB, 657x527
>it's already been 7 years since Lil B dropped his classic songs

Who else feels old as shit
>>
>>65043947

BasedGod Veli and I'm gay are also great.
>>
>>65044064
in a few days this gem will be six years old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAYrMJWvC44
>>
I've been meaning to put together a mixtape of his best retarded songs and one of his best serious songs

For the first one I've got
>Rich Ho
>Shoot a G**
>I'm God
>Pretty Bitch
>I Want Your Bitch
>Finna Hit a Lick
>Flex 36
>Hit Da 4Lo
>Child Support
>Prayin 4 a Brick
>Wonton Soup
>>
File: 1462419922183.jpg (40 KB, 616x474) Image search: [Google]
1462419922183.jpg
40 KB, 616x474
>>65044064

https://youtube.com/watch?v=83p69JhDnwU
>>
>>65043560
he did a track with Riff-Raff
>>
For the life of me I can't tell if he's legitimately retarded or self-aware
>>
>>65044270
He's extremely self-aware, that's how he was one of the first rappers who got popular pretty much only from the internet which is normal now because he's good at advertising himself an creating buzz
>>
i have 11k scrobbles of him on my lastfm and have downloaded all his shit since his myspace days/digitaldrip shit and was obsessed with him. fucking sad that he couldn't make real money off his music, I still love him and wish him the best probably more than any other artist, seriously.
>>
you all in 2011:

>g-guys it's totally satire
>someday he'll release a serious album and show his true skills
>he's a good rapper i swear
>>
>>65044393
Have you even read the thread? Everyone knows it's pretty much over, we're pretty much just reminiscing when he used to release music.
>>
>>65044393
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVHI5guRg0o
>>
>>65044270
Some of both, I think. He has a sharp sense of humor, I just don't know how much irony is involved. He knows he's being over the top (him arguing with the sample on Shoot a Gun is fucking hilarious) and his Twitter is/was basically absurdist humor, but at the same time he seems pretty dumb based on his quality control and barely-coherent (yeah nawmsayin y'know bruh nawmsayin shouts out foreal nawmsayin) interviews.

He truly is an enigma.
>>
File: lil b living the dream.png (18 KB, 533x208) Image search: [Google]
lil b living the dream.png
18 KB, 533x208
>>65044476
Gotta love his twitter
>>
How the fuck does he get all those god-tier beats?
>>
>>65044476

Interviews don't mean anything, nas and scarface can be barely coherent in interviews but their music speaks volumes of their intellect.

Also Lil B notes that "his English is not perfect" which goes back to the point of him being overly self-aware.
>>
It's not irony. he has a style that encapsulates the post-internet age. His mixtapes play out like he was looking at 4chan while writing them. He makes enough money off his art to survive and keep doing it. He doesn't want to be compared to mainstream hiphop. People who talk about him like he missed his shot just don't understand what he's doing. He is the most post-punk artist this last decade. You fedora wearing radiohead fans don't understand life.
>>
File: 1429735026268.jpg (41 KB, 528x200) Image search: [Google]
1429735026268.jpg
41 KB, 528x200
>>65044498
it's a shame he never tweets anything funnier anymore and just retweets thousands of pictures of 4/10 girls showing their feet
>>
>>65044501
people just email them to him

(he rapped over beats I sent him a few times, some years ago)
>>
>>65043619
He had troubles with his studio
>>
>>65044428
no shit, i'm mocking you for believing that shit years ago when it was obviously not true.
>>
>>65044655
Which songs?

I have some pretty good beats, I wonder if he would use them
>>
>>65044677
Everyone knew that he would never make an album with all serious songs because even he knew that his hypebeast songs were way more popular and honestly he's still one of my favorite rappers I'd rather listen to him than any of the FoTY rappers that go around here right now.
>>
>>65044695
he might, but keep in mind he won't credit you
>>
File: your beard sucks at rapping.jpg (19 KB, 434x160) Image search: [Google]
your beard sucks at rapping.jpg
19 KB, 434x160
love you lil b
>>
Did you guys forget he dropped a 63 song mixtape that was pure fire in December?
>>
>>65045058
It's almost June, 6 months without a release is long as fuck for Lil B.
>>
>>65045031
holy shit he's amazing.
>>
What is Lil B's best song?
>>
>>65045930
birth or rap isn't his best technical song, but it's one of his best song songs
>>
hes working on the tonight show senpai
>>
hes probably working on a 10 million song mixtape or something
>>
bitches suck my dick because I look like JK Rowling
>>
>>65045031
what did he meme by this
>>
errybody know that basedgod fucked my bitches
>>
>>65043560
jackin off to all the feet pics he posts on twitter and tumblr
>>
File: tybg.png (22 KB, 856x448) Image search: [Google]
tybg.png
22 KB, 856x448
>>
has anyone seen that interview where the guy gives him a copy of Shenmue and he talks about it's his favorite game?
>>
>>65044064
he just dropped thugged out pissed off
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.