[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /mu/ feel about the greatest rock album of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: TalkingHeadsRemaininLight.jpg (64 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
TalkingHeadsRemaininLight.jpg
64 KB, 300x300
How does /mu/ feel about the greatest rock album of all time?
>>
"Hey Fela Kuti, thanks for the sound, chump! $_$'
>>
>>65041455
Not even the best Talking Heads album
>>
>>65041455
Absolute masterpiece
>>
THE WIND IN MY HEAAAAAAAAAART
>>
WORLD MOVES ON A WOMANS HIPS
>>
>>65041455
i love The Beatles' White Album, thanks for asking
>>
>>65041492
THE DUST IN MY HEADDDDDDD
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
>>65041455
Funny pic you posted, I didn't know there was an alternate cover for this
>>
>>65041514
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>65041492
THE DUST IN MY HEEEEAAAD
>>
>>65041524
DRIVE THEM AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
>>
>>65041536
this
>>
>>65041539
nope, i don't like Talking Heads
>>
>>65041492
>>65041540
>>65041542
Mojique holds a package in his quivering hands

Mojique sends the package to the American man
>>
I VALUE
THESE MOMENTS
>>
their faces covered in red is symbolic of their blatant appropriation of black music for financial gain and the resulting guilt and shame they experienced.
>>
>>65041514
The fact that The Beatles etc
>>
>>65041587
okay, but they didn't use memes for marketing stolen music
>>
>>65041575
SOFTLY he glides along the streets and alleys
UP COMES the wind that makes them run for cover
>>
File: Tina_Weymouth_of_Talking_Heads.jpg (16 KB, 386x261) Image search: [Google]
Tina_Weymouth_of_Talking_Heads.jpg
16 KB, 386x261
>tfw this is not my beautiful wife
>>
>>65041643
For someone who was press ganged into her instrument, Tina had some really great basslines
>>
File: iputmytrustinyou.jpg (77 KB, 373x441) Image search: [Google]
iputmytrustinyou.jpg
77 KB, 373x441
According to Wikipedia:
>The final track on the album, "The Overload," was Talking Heads' attempt to emulate the sound of British post-punk band Joy Division. The song was made despite no band member having heard the music of Joy Division; rather, it was based on an idea of what the British quartet might sound like based on descriptions in the music press.

And yet somehow, they succeeded. One of the first things I thought of when I heard this song was Closer.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.