[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did 2000s indie music suck so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Pitchfork_Media_(logo)-1.png (13 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork_Media_(logo)-1.png
13 KB, 385x385
Why did 2000s indie music suck so bad?
>>
bait?
>>
Arcade Fire and The Microphones were great.
>>
>>65039851
>indie is a genre
Perhaps your brain sucks so bad?
>>
The Strokes, The White Stripes, Interpol, Arcade Fire, and Modest Mouse are all really good and the list goes on and on
>>
indie from every decade sucks
>>
The Strokes
>>
>>65039935
Genre, no. Sensibility, yes. Whatever sensibility it was that Pitchfork defined, I hate everything that came out of it.

>>65039916
Warmed-over U2 which mistook instrumentation for emotional depth.

>>65039973
>>65039989
The garage rock revival died in the crib. It was actually pretty hilarious seeing journalists get all excited over it before suddenly forgetting about it.
>>
>>65039985
This. Corporate pressure and interference is important for good music.
>>
>>65040026
That comparison was so bad I dont even know which band you were comparing them to
>>
File: dont like thing.png (95 KB, 298x378) Image search: [Google]
dont like thing.png
95 KB, 298x378
>>65040026
Looks like you answered your own question, friend!
>>
>>65040031
kys
>>
I read pitchfork a lot up until the arcade fire came out in 07 I think. It seems to become kind of lame after that but I'm not sure if it was my age or something that actually changed about pitchfork.
>>
>>65040031
you stupid
>>
>>65039851
Modest Mouse explained very well why it would die in the TLCW without really knowing it. The changes from the 90s to 2000s was that everything just got mall fucked. Including Indie music.
>>
You just listened to the wrong stuff. Best indie bands of 2000's

-The Shins
-Bloc Party
-Modest Mouse
>>
It was certainly the boom years for whiny male vocalists...as a kid I had no idea wtf was happening. I would go to local "rock" shows and it was always whiny-male-vocal core and I was totally lost.
>>
>>65040538
>>65040708
I was serious.
>>
the 2000's is when indie got switched from 'independent' to 'major labels taking advantage of young bands that want to make records, signing them and forwarding them money and then indebting them permanently without actively promoting their music at all, simply putting them on tour like slaves'
>>
>>65040026
>Sensibility
Like what?
>emotional depth.
How is that measured?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.