[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Plebs will NEVER understand this album.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 51COOux-JNL.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51COOux-JNL.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
Plebs will NEVER understand this album.
>>
>>65035976
Alright now, I am posting in this thread, so now you must let this thread die, like always when I post somewhere, or you mother will die tonight
>>
>>65036031
I don't give a fuck about my mom xd
>>
>>65035976
yes but you do
*tiny applause for your excellence*
/thread
>>
>>65035976
You're just fooled into thinking it's great by the side long songs. The album is poorly executed and conceived. Bruford had drive and gave them a clear sense of direction with their compositions. Every album up to Close to the Edge was them pushing their compositional capabilities further. After Close to the Edge, it became, "How can we make more really long songs." This album is just a bunch of meaningless nonsense thrown together to reach the twenty minute mark and trick people into thinking that they made an album better than Close to the Edge, while at the same thing assuming this excruciating attitude of self importance that wasn't there on Close to the Edge, despite that being the superior album.
>>
>>65036603
Actually the tracks transcend time, you can't call them long or short
>>
>>65035976
I don't even think that Yes really understand that album. Read the lyrics and it becomes apparent that they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
>>65036659
Rick Wakeman has said that the songs were underdeveloped and could have been great if they had put more effort into the composition of the tracks, and that they had too much material for a single album but not enough for a double album and so they had to wing it. When you really listen to it, especially in contrast to Close to the Edge, this becomes clear; The musical passages feel unnecessary, like they're just killing time, and trying to get you to the twenty minute mark. The same does not feel true for Close to the Edge, where every single moment of that track makes complete sense in the full scope of the song.
>>
that is honestly the worst prog album ever

i would rather listen to the fucking flower kings than that trash
>>
>>65036824
Liste more and understand
>>
>>65035976
Listened to it just yesterday for the first time. I agree with >>65036603 . Doesn't even have any hooks at all. No interesting improvisation, no great hooks. Going for the One is better.
>>
>>65036900
There's nothing to understand. The album is, by definition, pretentious. It acts like it's doing something really important when it's totally not, in an effort to fool people like you into thinking it's great. That's how pretentious art works.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.