[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some good albums similar to pic related? also what genre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: d8add87f.jpg (507 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
d8add87f.jpg
507 KB, 658x658
what are some good albums similar to pic related?
also what genre is this?
>>
The actual genre is stoner-doom metal, but the album's music is more fast and aggressive than most stoner or doom bands.

The closest you'll get are the other High on Fire albums, especially Surrounded by Thieves.
>>
the genre is epic stoner/doom, part of the doom metal branch

the band is obviously high on fire. you might also want to check out sleep (singer/guitarists other band) and their album holy mountain, electric wizard's dopethrone, st vitus, reverend bizarre, orange goblin, weedeater.

welcome to stoner/doom :)
>>
>>65031505
>>65031488
thanks for the help
>>
Mastodon and Kylesa have a similar vibe sometimes
>>
>>65030131
Sludge.

Don't listen to the faggots that say it's stoner/doom, they only know Holy Mountain and Dopesmoker so they think everything Matt Pike touches is stoner.
>>
>>65032215
This is very true
>>
it has similar elements, stoner and sludge are often in the same basket
>>
Stoner metal. For me it has bit of Thrash vibe but that´s just me.

>>65031505
>EW
>Saint Vitus
>Orange Goblin
>Weedeater
You just named bunch of my favorites.
OP, for more of a rocking sound there's plenty of Stoner Rock bands like Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Nebula, Monster Magnet, CLutch, Red Fang
>>
File: party 12 Stoner Rock.png (108 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
party 12 Stoner Rock.png
108 KB, 900x900
>>65032401
Sludge usually sounds more muddled, with odd tempo changes and more rougher vocals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-bB1CjpjfY

Stoner has more actual solos but overall its more stagnant chugging and not so rough vocals.
>>
>>65033702
>how am i supposed to immerse myself into the power of that riff if they just repeat it fifteen times?

lmao actually kek'd to this

check out Neurosis OP

as far as High on Fire they have a more in your face speed quality that other stoner doom sludge bands don't incorporate into their music and that's why i think at times they sound like Gojira

then there's OM, Al Cisnero's other band after Sleep
>>
>>65034430
same fagging here

>>65031505
>>65033524
if old bands like Saint Vitus are being recommend then I would like to nominate Pentagram and Cathedral had a fun old school sound to them

and for awhile I was really into this band
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgV3DLX87Wo

and for that heavy stoner stuff check out Bongzilla and Acid King
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.