[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ made an album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: album cover.jpg (254 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
album cover.jpg
254 KB, 1400x1400
Did /mu/ ever lose its ability to delete threads or was that just other boards?

Anyway, new /mu/ album we did yesterday is up.

I dont evaluate life
by this for the album art

https://mualbumsfortheworkingman.bandcamp.com/releases
>>
New Quads when
>>
i'll post my super serious track-by-track review later today

(it's very good so far though)
>>
Strong 8 on this record
>>
>>65028581
I actually kinda like it so far. First 4 tracks are abnormally strong
>>
Pretty good.
>>
>that 20 minute bonus track
>>
I'm still hung up on "Not Bad, Not Bad"
>>
>>65035409
Pretty good thread, and pretty alright /mu/ album
>>
Holy shit. It's so good.
I'm on track 8 right now. Even the really long pieces on this album are spectacular.

This legitimately stands out as one of the best, if not THE best, /mu/ album.
>>
MEME HARD WITH A VENGEANCE
>>
>>65028581
TFW I'm always too late to contribute to these albums
>>
Obama did Notting is a banger
>>
>>65035931
I'm doing another on either sunday or monday at around 7-8 est
>>
>>65035978
hopefully we'll make quads tomorrow too
>>
real ratings hour coming up

gimme a few minutes
>>
>>65028581
Is... is that a thing?
>>
>>65036992
A thing can be a lot of things, be more specific.
>>
01: This upbeat yet uneasy track sets up for an album of bliss. It’s calming except for the few short moments where it breaks tune. It’s like going through a shopping mall faster and faster, trodding through the daily routine, all while memeing hard with a vengeance. 6.5/10

02: Provided this isn’t an already-made track just remixed or something, Obama did Notting is by far the best song on the album. The atmospherics in the background add to the atmosphere of the guitar and drumbeat. This song really captures the album name-- I dont evaluate life. It’s a brutal reminder of that fact, that nobody really chooses to evaluate their own life. Then the synths kick in and it gets even better somehow. I mean yeah it’s a /mu/ album but this is shit I’d actually really listen to a lot myself. 10/10

03: Album takes a darker turn when the cronch gets extra crunchy. Harsh, yet well put together. The distortion at the beginning sells it, and then maintains with that droning and panning synth. When it crunches, that’s when I looooo 9/10

04: A really scampery bit of drums that converts into some kinda instrument. The second half is way better but it’s overall a nice transition into the huge, huge second portion of the album. 5/10

05: Ambient track that’s so boring that the title is the best part. 2/10

Will post part 2 in a second
>>
>>65037448
06: I don’t know why I like this one so much. It has a lot of atmosphere. Tells a story. It’s as long as the last one but with way more variation as well as some semblance of cohesion-- there’s a purpose for this one. QUALITY CUP KEEPS IN FRESHNESS is a good title. What is the meaning of it? How does it relate to the sound? I have my own theories, but they mostly come down to all new arrivals registering at the cornstar terminal. 7/10

07: Amazing voice. Amazing. God. Fuck. Also the best title on the album. Legitimately laughed my ass off. 9/10

08: A good ambient track that would be made so much better if it was three minutes long instead of eleven. A really nice listen though, might put it on just to relax to, especially when writing shit. 7/10

09: Get Martha out of there. Too much MIDI, not enough harpsichord. 1/10

10: A closer that does not sum up the album. It makes fun of you for trying to understand the album. As the saying goes-- I dont evaluate life. Why do you? 4/10
>>
>>65037448
>5/10
Understandable. I had already created 3 tracks that day and was working on DJ High Functioning Stroke for Quads when I saw this thread so It's nbd
>>
SLEEP TITE PUPPER
>>
>>65037530
It was good. I'm not saying otherwise or anything, you make consistently good stuff for these /mu/ albums. It was just overshadowed by really good stuff before it, and if you worked more on it it obviously would have been higher score
>>
>>65037572
Thanks man
Yeah I only spent ~10 minutes on Scamp.
>>
GOAT?
>>
>>65037801
lil' bit GOAT
>>
>>65028581
This is better than I expected it to be.
>>
~~~DLB IS MAKING A COMEBACK ALBUM SOON~~~
~~~YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST~~~
>>
>>65038747
You sure?
>>
>>65037530
EY GUYS QUADS TOMORROW
>>
>>65039969
YOU'RE NOT EVEN THE RIGHT TRIP YOU SILLY GOOF
>>
>>65040003
Oopsie :^)
>>
>>65040017
w0ah
Okay. Is there any chance I could give you the DJ High Functioning Stroke track early? I have a d8 tomorrow
>>
>>65040036
Yeah, send it to quadsmu at gmail
>>
>>65040137
I'm gonna real quick upload it to my Soundcloud, but I could still send it to you if the SC link doesn't work for you
>>
>>65040220
It'd be better if you email it to me, much faster that way.
>>
>>65040238
Alrighty. Sending it right now.
>>
>>65040277
By the way, here's the SC link to prove it's me
https://soundcloud.com/thehousemusicguywithmusic/dj-high-functioning-stroke-live-in-location-and-title-to-be-determined
>>
>>65040298
Cool.

Anyway, I found out what was giving us copyright issues last album...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEr6w7P44Nk
>>
>>65040407
Goddamn
The anon who posted that track hardly even edited it.
>>
>>65040452
Yeah. Another song was sampled but I could've filed a claim for it. But yeesh, this..
>>
>>65040407
We wouldn't have this problem if you'd use bandcamp like a normal person.
>>
>>65041417
Nah man.
Uploading it to YouTube is a Quads tradition.
>>
>>65041642
Why not both?
>>
>>65041661
I dunno.
I'm personally fine with it just being on YouTube. No way to scrobble full albums on YouTube, so Quads can stay /mu/'s little secret. Too good for the rest of the world to know about.
>>
So who made Obama did Notting and where can I hear more?
>>
>>65030200
>>65034732
>>65034874
>>65034904
>>65035765
you faggots not realizing that the 3rd track is a garbage dubstep mess.

learn to love yourselves better anons tsk tsk.
>>
>>65041954
It's grime you goofball
>>
Bumping this masterpiece
>>
File: ehehehe.jpg (100 KB, 885x599) Image search: [Google]
ehehehe.jpg
100 KB, 885x599
>>65041954
>tfw that was my track
>>
Bump! Give more feedback please!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (134 KB, 923x563) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
134 KB, 923x563
In case you wanted to know how your track is doing.

There's also 8 downloads.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.